Top Romances of 2009 by Janet
We will be posting our Top 10 of 2009 this entire week. Today’s list is from Janet (aka Robin). The list is unranked. You can find more of her reviews here.
I hesitated about making a list this year, since my reading was largely dictated by what I volunteered to review. Consequently, there are many, many wonderful books I haven’t yet read and some books I did love that I didn’t put on this list, either because they were not straight Romance (Sinful Life of Lucy Burns, Dead and Gone), because they just didn’t stick with me with way other books did, or because I wanted to make room for a book that I think might be otherwise overlooked. So rather than my “Top Romances of 2009,” this list is more “10 Memorable Romances I Read in 2009” — and they’re books I heartily recommend to the DA readership.
- Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley
- Demon Forged by Meljean Brook
- Courtesan’s Wager by Claudia Dain
- Bound By Your Touch by Meredith Duran (review by Jane)
- Never Love A Lawman by Jo Goodman
- Highland Rebel by Judith James
- Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel
- Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (haiku review!)
- Double Play by Jill Shalvis (no review)
- Hunt Her Down by Roxanne St. Claire