John’s Best of 2011 List
This list encompasses the best books that I read this year. All books were published in 2011. This list is by no means complete (as there are many books published in this year that I have not read) or calculated – these are simply just books that, on reflection, are the most memorable and well done in my reading experience this year.
- You Are My Only by Beth Kephart (review)
- Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison (review)
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano (review)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (review)
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (review)
- Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan | A | BN | K | S
- A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young | A | BN | K | S
- Chime by Franny Billingsley | A | BN | K | S
- A Night of Scandal by Sarah Morgan (review)
And a small shout-out to my favorite series-continuations:
Yup, all my faves on this list. Chime really snuck up on me, I thought I’d hate it after the first few pages but it ended up being the book I have recommended to tons of people. Really unique.
Loved Divergent, liked Chime and A Night of Scandala lot, thought Wither was just okay. Plan to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns ASAP. Will have to add the rest of your list to my TBR.
I really enjoyed ‘The Girl of Fire and Thorns’ by Rae Carson and ‘Dragon Bound’ by Thea Harrison but was more on the fence with Sarah Morgan’s book. Always interesting to see what you have been reading.
What a great list, though I have to say that You Are My Only is the one I’m happiest to see here.
I am hugely honored, John. Thank you! A note to you on my blog today.
John, did you get around to reading Jennifer Donnelly’s Revolution? I remember you were a big fan – as am I – of her A Northern Light.
Revolution didn’t work as well for me, though there was a lot in it I admired. I’d be curious to hear your take, if you did read it.