Jia’s Best of 2012 List
In alphabetical order, by author’s last name:
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger (review)
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo
- Fracture by Megan Miranda (review)
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris (review)
- Strobe Edge by Io Sakisaka (review)
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (review)
- Skirmish by Michelle West (review)
It’s been a rough year for me in terms of reading. I think my tastes have begun to shift again. I find myself starting to gravitate towards more thrillers and darker contemporaries.
Like last year, I feel the lack of adult fantasy novels on this list. It’s my favorite genre and yet I continue to have the hardest time finding titles to get excited about. Hopefully 2013 will be a better year in that regard.