Thanking our advertisers
This year we have 8 advertisers a month and the advertisers help us to pay for hosting fees, postage, giveaways and the like. I just want to say thanks and use a once a month post to thank them for their sponsorship of Dear Author:
- Avon: Storming the Castle, an ebook original short from Eloisa James
- Berkley: Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz
- Harlequin: Have you tried out a Carina book?
- Samhain: New books to read on a snow day
- All Romance eBooks: 60% off EC books using the rebate system.
- Jill Myles: My Fair Succubus by Jill Myles.
- Nalini Singh: Archangel’s Consort by Nalini Singh
- Simon & Schuster: Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros
Sellin’ out to da’ man… Kidding! It’s nice to see the mutual support. :)
It’s all advertising tailored to our interests, so yay for sponsors! I don’t have a feeling that you are selling out to “the man” in your reviews and as long as the advertisers can live with that, it’s a win-win situation.
I’m a person that normally hates advertising, but the sponsors that you have on here have more than once enticed me to their websites. It’s tailor made for readers of the blog, and I think it’s a great idea! I’m glad that it helps to keep this blog running smoothly :)
I agree that the ads on this blog never feel intrusive, and have led me to discover new books and authors.
I always run No Script and Adblock. But this is one of the few sites I turn off AdBlock for.
BTW, those Maya Banks ads a while back, were really, really distracting. Damn the pretty shirtless men!
Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate the feedback on the ads. I know it can be intrusive and we don’t want that nor do we want anyone to think we aren’t selling out our opinions (you can check the archives for the Goodnight Tweetheart review if you want to reassure yourselves).