2010 Berkley Winter Giveaway
Last week we held our quarterly giveaway for the Ace/Roc winter 2010 books and this week, we are hosting the giveaway of the Berkley Jove books for winter 2010. Executive Editor, Cindy Hwang, provides these books for the giveaway. Take a look at the preview and then at the bottom of the post there will be instructions on how to enter for a free book.
Right in time for the holidays, it’s the winter edition of the Berkley Jove giveaway! We have an awesome line-up of books that will keep you warm this winter, and as you can see from the number of titles we’re giving away, it truly is better to give than to receive. So get ready to stuff your stockings with some great books. Thanks, as always, to Jane and Dear Author for hosting this fun event. Don’t forget that we can only highlight a few titles–for a complete listing and more information about our titles, visit www.berkleyjoveauthors.com.
NO PLACE TO RUN, Maya Banks
NO PLACE TO RUN is the 2nd book in Maya’s terrific KGI series, which got off to an outstanding start with the highly powerful and emotional THE DARKEST HOUR. This time, it’s Sam Kelly’s turn in the spotlight, as a woman who disappeared from his life after a brief, unforgettable affair returns with a vengeance–and with a promise of a future together. If they can survive the danger ahead first, of course. Maya has quickly become a must-read favorite of many readers, and NO PLACE TO RUN is truly romantic suspense at it’s finest.
REAL VAMPIRES HAVE MORE TO LOVE, Gerry Bartlett
Glory St. Clair, the lovable big-boned vampire, is back, and her love life is as exciting as ever. Now, it’s her erstwhile bodyguard Rafael who has moved back into her life–and her apartment too. There’s plenty of love, laughter and sexual tension in this terrific book, guaranteed to heat up your holiday!
YOU DROPPED A BLONDE ON ME, Dakota Cassidy
National bestselling author Dakota Cassidy has wowed readers with her fun, irreverent humor and sexy romance for years. Now Dakota returns with an all new novel of contemporary romance, YOU DROPPED A BLONDE ON ME. You won't want to miss the story of Maxine Cambridge, ex-trophy wife extraordinaire who is ready to throw down some payback on her ex-life and battle for what's hers, and she’s even more determined to do it standing on her own.
BLOOD CHALLENGE, Eileen Wilks
Eileen Wilks returns with the latest book in her Lupi series, and not only do Lily and Rule return, but Benedict, Rule’s enigmatic and sexy older brother, takes center stage with his own romance–and a new mate. I’ve been asking Eileen for Benedict’s story for years now, so I’m especially excited about BLOOD CHALLENGE, and I know there are a lot of readers out there who’ve been waiting for Benedict’s story too.
CHASING THE SUN, Kaki Warner
This is the enthralling conclusion to the blazingly romantic “Blood Rose” western historical romance trilogy that has been praised by the Chicago Tribune as “emotionally compelling…[and] flawlessly written.”
DARLING STRUMPET, Gillian Bagwell
For historical fiction readers out there, don’t miss DARLING STRUMPET, which details the story of Nell Gwynn, probably the most famous courtesan of the Restoration period in England and perhaps the most beloved mistress of King Charles II. This story details her beginnings in the London slums to her rise in the world of the theater where she catches the eye of the king.
ARCHANGEL’S CONSORT, Nalini Singh
This is the highly anticipated third book in the Guild Hunter series, as Archangel Raphael and Guild Hunter Elena Deveraux return to New York City, and Elena’s new status as an angel and Raphael’s consort puts them in the unrelenting public eye. But they have a lot more than public opinion to worry about, as an Ancient is awakening–an Ancient who is Raphael’s mother. This book is another major step forward in the utterly compelling relationship between Elena and Raphael, and fans won’t be disappointed!
NIGHTSHADE, Michelle Rowen
NIGHTSHADE is the first in a new urban fantasy romance series that is as riveting and page-turning as it gets. Jillian Conrad is put in the ultimate wrong place/wrong time situation when she’s injected with a serum that makes her a living, breathing weapon against vampires, but the poison also makes her blood nearly irresistible to vampire senses. Now sought after by both humans and vampires, her only protection is Declan Reyes, a half-vampire who can barely control his own urges around her. The sexual tension between Declan and Jillian just sizzles. It’s edgy, dark and compulsively readable–perfect for fans of both urban fantasy and paranormal romance.
ANIMAL MAGNETISM, Jill Shalvis
Jill Shalvis consistently writes wonderful contemporary romances, and ANIMAL MAGNETISM is another winner. It features all the sparkle, humor and sensuality that Jill is known for, combined with a menagerie of adorable animals. Lilah, the heroine, owns the town’s only kennel, and is distracted by several animals when she rear-ends the hero’s truck. Sparks fly between the two, and you won’t want to miss the resulting fireworks.
For the giveaway:
- 3 copies of NO PLACE TO RUN, Maya Banks (I’m really enjoying this series)
- 2 copies of YOU DROPPED A BLONDE ON ME, Dakota Cassidy
- 3 copies of DAY OF THE DRAGON, Rebecca York
- 2 copies of GODDESS OF CAMELOT, P.C. Cast
- 2 copies of EXPLOSIVE, Beth Kery (I liked this one and reviewed it here)
- 2 copies of REAL VAMPIRES HAVE MORE TO LOVE, Gerry Bartlett
- 2 copies of IN TOO DEEP, Jayne Ann Krentz
- 3 copies of RUTHLESS GAME, Christine Feehan
- 3 copies of THEN HE KISSED ME, Christie Ridgway
- 2 copies of BLOOD CHALLENGE, Eileen Wilks
- 3 copies of MASTER OF SMOKE, Angela Knight
- 3 copies of SKIN HEAT, Ava Gray
- 3 copies of ANGEL AT DAWN, Emma Holly
- 2 copies of IMMORTAL CHAMPION, Lisa Hendrix
- 2 copies of SPELLWEAVER, Lynn Kurland
- 2 copies of DARLING STRUMPET, Gillian Bagwell
- 2 copies of THE PERFECT PLAY, Jaci Burton (this is the one with this! cover)
- 3 copies of ICE BREAKER, Deirdre Martin (I enjoyed this one, reminded me a little of Body Check)
- 2 copies of ARCHANGEL’S CONSORT, Nalini Singh (loved it)
- 3 copies of NIGHTSHADE, Michelle Rowen
- 3 copies of CHASING THE SUN, Kaki Warner
- 3 copies of ANIMAL MAGNETISM, Jill Shalvis
- 3 copies of REAPER’S JUSTICE, Sarah McCarty
- 3 copies of BLOOD WYNE, Yasmine Galernorn
- 2 copies of CAPTIVE, Christina Phillips
- 3 copies of RAVEN’S QUEST, Anya Bast
and these additional titles from the DA Stash
- Demon Marked by Anna J. Evans
- Must Love Kilts by Allie Mackay
- Finding Destiny by Jean Johnson
- Siren’s Surrender by Devyn Quinn
- The Irish Princess by Karen Harper
- Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Restless Heart by Wynona Judd
- A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson
- Surrender to Darkness by Annette McCleave
- Goddess of Legend by PC Cast
- Blood of the Rose by Kate Pearce
- Here to Stay by Catherine Anderson
- Reaper’s Justice by Sarah McCarty
- Visions of Magic by Regan Hastings
- On the Hunt by Gena Showalter et al
- The Other Side by JD Robb
- Angel at Dawn by Emma Holly
- Then He Kissed Me by Christie Ridgeway
So here is how to enter. Simply leave a comment about what the gift you are most excited to GIVE as a present this holiday season AND the book that you would most like to receive out of the titles listed in the above giveaway. As an added treat, anyone who comments on this post (in addition to the commenters for the Ace/Roc giveaway will be entered to win a Kindle 3G wifi (est. retail value of $139) as a gift from Dear Author. We will close the comments on Friday at 7 pm CST and the winners of the book giveaway will be announced on Saturday. The Kindle winner will be announced on the 18th and hopefully the winner will receive it before Christmas (unless you live outside the US then I am shipping it the cheapest way possible. Good luck!)