Spotlight on Grand Central Publishing aka Warner: Hot Books for Fall
Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books) is an all-format, all-genre trade publisher. We're the house of Nicholas Sparks, David Baldacci, Brad Meltzer, Lolly Winston, Preston & Child and many others. We have several imprints including 5 Spot, where we publish smart women's fiction and nonfiction such as Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik, and the Forever imprint, where we publish romance.
We've got a very exciting fall coming up for romance!
- Die for Me by Karen Rose: For those of you who love edge-of-your-seat suspense, Karen Rose is the perfect author for you. Her books are gritty, tightly-plotted, and action-packed. She began her career on our Forever list, and is now published on the GCP mass market list (where we also publish Sandra Hill and Dorothy Garlock, among others.) We're also repackaging Karen's backlist to reflect the new, edgy look of Die for Me. (September)
- The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt: This is the third and final book in Elizabeth's "Prince–? series. They're historical romances, taking place in the Georgian era in England. I can't say enough good things about Elizabeth's books. She's written three in this series, and each was unique in terms of plot, with completely three-dimensional characters. Her writing is lush, sensual, heartbreaking at times –" it's hard to believe that she's only written three books! The Serpent Prince comes out in September. (And for those of you looking ahead to the winter, we're happily publishing Elizabeth Hoyt's first contemporary romance, written under the name Julia Harper. It's called Hot, and it is!)
- Demon’s Kiss by Eve Silver: Forever has been publishing more and more paranormal titles, and we're very excited by Eve and her writing. This is an extremely sexy tale about an immortal sorcerer and a human with powers beyond her comprehension. (October)
- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Hot by Stephanie Rowe: This is the fourth book in her Immortally Sexy series, and what can I say about a set of books that features an espresso machine that's actually an ancient fountain of youth and a character named Satan who is the world's greatest lover? They've all been madcap and sexy (including the first in the series, Date Me, Baby, One More time which was nominated for the RITA this past year!) (November)
- Crazy in Love by Lani Diane Rich: This is Lani's third contemporary romance published on the Forever imprint, and it's got all the Lani hallmarks that I love: quirky, lovably flawed characters, a charming setting, and a really fun story. Plus, this book has a matchmaking ghost! (October)
- Sexiest Man Alive by Diana Holquist: This is another contemporary romance author who has been writing stellar books for us. This is the second in Diana's trilogy about a woman who has the ability to touch a person and tell them the name of their one true love. (October)
- To Catch a Cheat by Kelley St. John: Kelley's books are sexy, funny, and full of southern charm. To Catch a Cheat is her third book for us, after Good Girls Don’t and Real Women Don’t Wear Size 2. (November)
Spotlight on FOREVER
We publish twenty-seven titles a year on the Forever imprint. Because we publish two to three titles a month, we're very selective about the titles we add to the list and we have the ability to coordinate our efforts with our marketing, publicity, and sales departments when we publish them. We're careful in our packaging decisions, and try to create looks for authors, so that their books have a branded appearance. We've had great success with first-time authors, and authors at the beginning of their careers.
We publish suspense, historicals, paranormals, contemporaries, and women's fiction. Notable titles of 2007 include A Kiss in Winter by multi-RITA nominee Susan Crandall and Dead Shot by Annie Solomon (her previous book for us, Blackout, won the RITA as Best Romantic Suspense this year). Fanged & Fabulous, Michelle Rowen's follow-up to her smash debut Bitten & Smitten, came out this past summer. And of course, we love the historical romances, too. Julie Anne Long completed her Holt Sisters trilogy with THE The Secret to Seduction in May, and Andrea Pickens launched her trilogy about London ladies who are trained to be spies for the crown with The Spy Wore Silk. We have several suspense authors that we're very excited about: Shannon K. Butcher, Marliss Melton, and Samantha Graves, all of whom had books published this year for us.
And that's a brief overview of our Forever program!