Best posts on Dear Author: Romance Book Reviews, Author Interviews, and Commentary from 10th November – 16th November Nov 2008
- Author PhotographsPosted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 in Letters of Opinion – Comments: (109)more animalsThis is the second in a three part series about the author as a consumable part of the book. It’s a look at how readers respond to current marketing tecniques and why. This series is more a reflection of the reader and the reader’s mindset and not meant to be a criticism of the authors themselves. (As an aside, I find it interesting that no matter how many times I say this, some authors still take this as a personal attack.
- Favorite TropesPosted on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 in Poll – Comments: (54)Loading ...I’m pretty much a sucker for the friends to lovers theme as well as the marriage of convenience one. I hate the virgin widow trope and generally dislike the secret baby one, but can let that one slide under the right circumstances. Oh, I also like the reunited lovers trope. Must add that to the poll.
- If You Like Lois McMaster Bujold hosted by ElizabethPosted on Monday, November 10th, 2008 in If You Like – Comments: (54)We are starting a new series called “If You Like” which will be hosted by various readers, authors and bloggers of Dear Author. The purpose of the post and the comments is to explore what we like about a particular iconic author and what other authors have books like the iconic author. Elizabeth penned this awesome entry regarding Lois McMaster Bujold.
- Open Thread for ReadersPosted on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 in Misc – Comments: (76)Got a book you want to talk about? Frustrated with a book or series? In love with a new one? Found a buried treasure? An issue that keeps popping up in the books you are reading? Just want to chat about stuff in general? Post away.
- What you hope doesn’t happen when your book is made into a big moviePosted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 in Publishing News – Comments: (47)Twilight is to be released this week and the stars are out giving interviews left and right and left again. We have the actress not reading the rest of the series :Even though all the adorable sour-pussed faces from the new vampire movie Twilight have been signed up for the sequel, New Moon, the movie’s lead, Kristen Stewart, has not read the second book of the series by Stephenie Meyer.