How an ebook reader can save you money and maybe your marriage!
Many times I hear from people that the ebook reader is too expensive and that is what is holding them back. Not true. I present to you the top 10 reasons why buying an ebook reader is economical and may just save your marriage.
- 10. Ebooks don’t take up any space. The average bookshelf costs about $30.00. A 2GB SD card can run as low as $28.99 and can store over 4000 books. In order to store over 4,000 books you would have to buy approximately 25 bookshelves (assuming 160 books per shelf) which costs you $750.00. Savings of $720.00.
- 9. Because of the need for 25 bookshelves, your out of town guests must stay at a hotel for which you must pay (if you are any kind of host). The ebook reader allows you to reclaim that space for a guest room or a special reading room. Or prevents the cost of an addition. Savings between $80 for a hotel room and $80,000.00 for an addition.
- 8. Ebooks don’t require a separate suitcase for vacation. 10 books weigh about 5 lbs and require at least half of the space of a suitcase. An extra piece of luggage costs $85 and overweight piece of luggage costs $50 one way. Savings of $260 per trip.
- 7. No gas money spent driving from bookstore to grocery store to convenience store looking for the latest releases. Savings of $24.00 per year
- 6. Ebooks are environmentally sound. The average US citizen consumes 700 lbs of paper per year which is equal to about 2 trees. Readers consume more. Over 200 million trees are used annually to feed our reading needs. Savings of $28.00 from not buying two trees per year.
- 5. Don’t have to buy bookmarks, highlighters or pens. Savings of $10.00 per year.
- 4. Many ebooks can be purchased anywhere from 10% to 40% off the cover price. Anya Bast’s A Change of Season print version is $10.99 + S&H + tax and the ebook version is $5.95. SimonSays books are all 40% off. Fictionwise sells many of its books for some discount. If you spend $100 on books, you will save anywhere from $10 to $40 per month. Savings of $120 to $480 savings per year.
- 3. You know immediately what you have purchased in the past because your entire library is on that 2GB card you carry with you everywhere. No more gaffes at the bookstore buying a second copy of a book you already own. $96.00 savings per year.
- 2. You no longer have disagreements about the light in the bedroom. Because ebook readers are backlit (one reason NOT to buy the Sony Reader), you don’t have to buy the clip on booklight that never works or replacement batteries for the booklight that never works. Read as late as you want. No one else will be bothered. Marital harmony restored. Savings of $24.99 (for the booklight).
- 1. You will have saved so much money by buying an ebook reader, your SO will have enough to purchase that Plasma Flat Screen he’s been crying about for the last year. Buy an ebook reader and save your marriage.
Drop a line in the comment box about 1 good reason to buy an ebook reader and you’ll be entered into a contest to win a new and unread copy of Nalini Singh’s Slave to Sensation.