Calibre: Adding a blurb to the front of a book
Two weeks ago we discussed adding plugins to crawl the internet for better covers. Today we’ll review how to add a blurb at the beginning of your book. Adding a blurb at the beginning allows you to immediately identify the contents of the book and maybe even remind yours why you bought it in the first place.
Under Preferences -> Structure Detection check the box next to “insert metadata as page at start of book.
Then you will need to reconvert your book into either ePub or Mobi.
Your reconverted book should have this page at the beginning, appearing after the cover image.
As you can see the metadata that is inserted includes title, author, publisher, date of publication, tags, and the blurb. You can further identify why you bought the book in the “Tags” section of the metadata. For instance, you could put “recommended by Jayne at DA” or “Heard on Twitter” to give yourself a little reminder.
That’s all you have to do in order to help yourself manage your mountainous TBR pile a little better.
Other posts that you might find helpful:
- Adding a plugin
- Using Belvedere to automatically move purchases from the download folder into Calibre
- Using Automator to automatically move purchases from the download folder into Calibre
- Using Connect/Share feature to send books to your devices using Calibre
- Setting up a new library with Calibre
- Using Calibre to manage a print library