As you might have heard, I settled the EC lawsuit.
I want to set the record straight on a few things regarding my September 16, 2014, post about Ellora’s Cave. I made some errors and want to correct them:
1. Tina Engler has represented that she has not purchased a house in West Hollywood and has not indicated to me that she did.
2. She has not gone on any recent Rodeo Drive shopping trips.
3. The principals of Ellora’s Cave did not receive “no interest” loans.
4. It has been represented to me that, at the time of the post, most or all authors had been paid within their individual contracts.
5. Finally, Patty Marks has not said that the company will be entering bankruptcy or that any contracts will be sold in bankruptcy.
I am sorry that I got the above things wrong and am happy that I can now correct the post to more accurately reflect the facts at the time that the post was made back in September.
I want to thank everyone for their support, both moral and financial. I promised at the outset that I would account for the fees and costs of the litigation and that if there was any surplus, we could decide what to do at that point. Unfortunately, there was no surplus. The fees far exceeded what had been the initial projection.
To date, I have paid the following in fees:
- Randazza Law Firm: 115,712.29
- Lefton Group: 2,855.00
- Expert witness fee: 5,075.00
- Brennan, Manna & Diamond: 8,936.06
The total was: $132,578.35
The sum of money received through Go Fund Me (less the handling fee) all went toward the above fees, but unfortunately the contributions did not and could not cover all of the fees incurred up to the settlement. I am so grateful for everything you all did to support this fund, and given everyone’s generosity, I just did not feel comfortable doing another round of fundraising. I should also note that Marc Randazza discounted his normal rate, so while fees were very substantial, they could have been even more.
If anyone is unhappy with the result and would like a refund, please contact me (email@example.com) and a refund will be issued immediately with no questions asked. Any requests for a refund will be kept confidential.
Thank you again for your support.