May 21 2010
Every Friday we try to post a top ten list from someone in romance, whether it is a reader, author, or even an editor or publicist. Today’s list comes from aspiring author Science Fiction and Fantasy Romances, Verona St. James. She's been an avid reader of the Romance genre since her older sister got her hooked with Jude Deveraux's The Raider when she was ten. At present, Verona is toiling away at an institute of higher education to earn her long overdue BA while also working on her first attempt at a SF Romance.
(Fun fact: She wrote the "If You Like Lois McMaster Bujold" article that was up on Dear Author last year)
This is just a simple list of the most awesome romances I've ever read, and it should be noted that all of these authors are extremely talented, so it was very hard to pick just one book from each.
- These Old Shades
by Georgette Heyer (Kindle link)
- Again by Kathleen Gilles Seidel (Particularly great if you're a fan of Regency Romances because this is full of in-jokes). This book is out of print.
- Faking It by Jennifer Crusie. Kindle link
- Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase. Kindle link
- Beguilement (The Sharing Knife, Book 1) by Lois McMaster Bujold. Kindle link.
- This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart
- The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran. Kindle link
- Anything For You (Harlequin Blaze) by Sarah Mayberry. Kindle link. It looks like this is already out of print.
- Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas. Kindle link.
- Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl. Kindle link
You can visit Verona St. James on the web at: http://moth-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/
Do you have a top ten list to share?
Send jane an email jane at dearauthor.com
with “Top Ten List” in the subject line.