Rose Lerner is the author of In for a Penny, a debut that has garnered a lot of positive buzz. Rose Lerner discovered Georgette Heyer when she was thirteen, and wrote her first historical romance a few years later. Her writing has improved since then, but her fascination with all things Regency hasn’t changed. When not reading, writing, or researching, she enjoys cooking and marathoning old TV shows. She lives in Seattle with two roommates, four cats, and too many books and DVDs to count.
She says of her top ten list, “t was incredibly hard to narrow down, in the end I had to limit myself to Georgian and Regency-set romances I currently have on my bookshelf, and only one per author…in no particular order:
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer
- The Last Hellion by Loretta Chase
- The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig
- The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (if you read carefully, this is Regency-set! There are contradictory indicators as to the exact year, but St. John gives her a newly published copy of Scott’s Marmion and Blanche Ingram references Byron’s The Corsair.)
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- Brighter than the Sun by Julia Quinn
- My Lord and Spymaster by Joanna Bourne
In for a Penny – Dorchester (Leisure Books)
on sale February 23, 2010
If you have a top ten list to share, send it to jane at dearauthor.com with the words “top ten list” in the subject line.