Dec 17 2009
Picking out the ten best reads of 2009 was hard. It was hard because I had 6 A rated books but then I had to delve into the B+s and determine from that strong group who ranked in my top 10. I based my decision on re-readability. I’ve re-read portions of all of these books at one point or another. There are other books which I loved this year that are outside the genre so I intentionally excluded them.
- Always a Scoundrel by Suzanne Enoch
- Beloved Vampire by Joey Hill
- Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran
- Butterfly Tattoo by Deidre Knight
- Damned by Blood by Evie Byrne
- Magnate’s Make-Believe Mistress by Bronwyn Jameson
- Never Love a Lawman by Jo Goodman
- Scandal by Carolyn Jewel
- Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas
- Wicked All Day by Liz Carlyle
I noticed that I loved the scoundrel redeemed story which is pretty much the dominant theme in my best loved historicals of the year. I’ve read into the first quarter of 2010 and I have to say we romance readers have a good year ahead of us.