In 2009, I drifted away from reading the urban fantasies and paranormal romances that have been my bread and butter as a reviewer and ventured more into the young adult and manga genres. As a result, my list of top reads reflects that. None of them are romances but my fellow reviewers have putting forth some great recommendations from this year so I leave that to them. Instead I offer a short but different mix of books and manga that I enjoyed reading in 2009. You can read more of my reviews here.
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
- Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin (review by Jane)
- Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura
- Claymore by Norihiro Yagi
- Ooku by Fumi Yoshinaga