Jul 9 2009
It’s a month of good books so if you are looking something to take on the flight with you to RWA or to read on the sofa when you can grab a moment from the family or just something to relax and read, maybe our list will help.
- Make Me Yours by Betina Krahn recommended by Jayne and Jane. Features a sexually knowledgeable female. A minx, if you will. It’s very fresh.
- Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran recommended by Jane and Jennie F. It’s one of the few books to which Jane has a straight A. It’s a masterpiece of craft and romance.
- What Happens in London by Julia Quinn recommended by Jane. One word ran through my mind when I read this and that is charming.
- Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh recommended by Janine. The latest entry in Singh’s Psy/Changeling series pairs strong willed Mercy, a cat, with Riley, a wolf. They fight like cats and dogs and make love like there is no tomorrow.
- Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell recommended by Jayne. This debut novel features a great heroine: “She’s supposedly powerless yet triumphs. She keeps most of her promises. She tries to do the right thing in the face of evil. She’s a heroine to respect and one I enjoyed meeting.”
- Cowboy Comes Back by Jeannie Watt recommended by Jayne. Jayne reads far and wide within the category lines at Harlequin to find you gems like this.
- Outcast by Joan Johnston recommended by Jane. This is a fast moving romance featuring a man broken by his traumatic past and the woman who is ready to sacrifice everything to save him.