Dear Author Recommends for March
I feel perennially late this year. DA has much love for Julie Anne Long’s What I Did for a Duke. It was originally picked up off NetGalley by Robin who proceeded to tell the rest of us (Janine, Jennie and I) how awesome it was and truly, it was a great read. Witty, romantic, fresh. I feel like the book should come with a badge that says, 9 out of 10 bloggers love this book (because I think Sunita does NOT love Long due to her anachronistic historical voice?). If you are floundering about for what to read, you may want to give these recommendations a look:
- Devil’s Own by Veronica Wolff recommended by Jaclyn. Review forthcoming
- Clarity by Kim Harrington recommended by Jia. (Review).
- Katrakis’ Sweet Prize by Caitlin Crews recommended by Jane. I blogged about this book last year.
- Suzanna Snow and the Midnight Tunnel by Angie Frazier recommended by John. Review forthcoming.
- Falling Under by Gwen Hayes recommended by John. A cage match review to come between John and Jia as they have very differing views on this book.
From Jayne, we have a whole slew of recommendations:
- An Unlikely Countess by Jo Beverly. (Review).
- A Lot Like Love by Julie James. (Review)
- Two Against the Odds by Joan Kilby. (Review forthcoming).
- The Wind and the Sea by Marsha Canham. (Review forthcoming).
- The Widowed Bride by Elizabeth Lane. (Review forthcoming).
- The Last Summer of Being Single by Nina Harrington. (Review forthcoming).