I’m belatedly posting the winners of the Avon Digital ARC Giveaway hosted by Avon, Caroline Linden and Jenna Peterson. The card entitles you to download a digital copy of the following September releases:
Nate Avery has come to London to catch a thief. Angelique Martand is the beautiful English spy ordered to help him-and then betray him. He doesn’t trust her. She doesn’t want the job. But neither can resist the once-in-a-lifetime passion that ignites between them…
After a lifetime of unrequited love with her arranged fiancé, Anne Danvers has finally become the Duchess of Waverly. But just a few days into her marriage, her husband vanishes. Rhys Carlisle, Duke of Waverly has spent his life knowing he was better than everyone else because of his impeccable bloodline.
But when he finds out everything he was told was a lie and he is in actually a bastard son of the late Duke of Billingham, his world is destroyed. He never expects his new wife to chase after him or demand she not be written out of his life. Nor does he expect the passion he feels for her to transform into love. But even as the two grow closer, Rhys's dark secret looms in the distance, along with a blackmailer who could destroy any future Rhys and Anne have dared to dream.
Sandra Hill, The Viking Takes a Knight:
THE VIKING IS A PRINCESS…
And all she wants is refuge for herself and one unique orphan from a vicious Saxon commander who would harm the children and destry her honor. At her age, she no longer expects to find a husband, or even a lover, especially not the arrogant Lord of the Bees!
THE KNIGHT STUDIES BEES…
And what he longs for is peace and quiet. John of Hawk's Lair is certainly not seeking a nagging wife and noisome children. As a knight in the king's service, he spends his cherished time at home working on his beekeeping experiments. So when an irksome Viking princess comes barging into his castle with a horde of orphan children he does everything he can to get rid of her.
TOGETHER THEY MADE HONEY…
And find a sexual attraction that sparks between them despite their differences, one that soon turns into a fiery love that neither can den
Remember that if you review one of these books over at the Avon Romance blog, you will be entered to win every September release from Avon which I think is about 8 books.
The contest feature was to tell us the last good book read. Here were the winning entries and responses. (I’ve emailed each winner).
- LoriA – Finally read Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews, so the last good book I read was Magic Burns, the second in the series (working my way through it – I love when I can do that).
- Stephanie C. – I just finished Keri Arthur’s new book Moon Sworn. It was well worth the wait!
- JMB - I just finished the Close Contact (Alien Affairs Book 2) by Katherine Allred. Love it! I enjoyed her first one Close Encounters too. I look forward to her next novel.
- lynnd – I just finished The Forbidden Rose by Joanna Bourne. Loved it!
- Karenmc – My most recent great read was His at Night by Sherry Thomas. Right now I’m in the middle of Judith Ivory’s The Proposition, which has a sneaky little connection with His at Night.
- Jennifer M (OR) – I just finished Anne Mallory’s Seven Secrets of Seduction and really enjoyed it.
- Caroline - I just finished reading Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone and loved it! Now I am on the search for Addicted, the story before this one.
- Maija A. – Best book this month has been Judgment in Death by JD Robb.
- Ruth – I just finished A Field Guide to Burying Your Parents.
- Babs – Just finished Kate Noble’s THE SUMMER OF YOU this morning. What a wonderfully charming read and a great way to kick off my summer ‘to read’ pile!
- kristal1122 - Just finished Larissa Ione’s Ecstasy Unveiled last week. Loved it and can’t wait for the next one
- Sharla L - A Touch of Scandal by Jennifer Haymore – very good!
- chey – The most recent good book I read was Run for your Life by James Patterson. (just finished it last week)
- JoJo – His at Night by Sherry Thomas was the last book I read. Fantastic read!
- LauraB – I adored Julia Quinn’s 10 Things I Love About You. Not a deep read by any means, but such a lovely hero.
- Jacqueline B – The last 5 star book I read was A Note in the Margin by Isabelle Rowan
- brooksse - Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl. The best of my recent reads.
- Leah - I just finished Vanished by Karen Robards – couldn’t put it down! Fantastic book.
- Christie – Last good book was The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells.
- Lorraine from CA - Last good book I read was One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare.