How does Edward know Bella is his soul mate?

I was looking at my referral links last night and I saw a google search result that landed at Dear Author. The search term was “How does Edward know Bella is his soul mate?” That’s a very good question and I posed it to the twitterati last night. The poll contains some of the of the answers. What do you think is the correct answer?

Question from Google Search: How does Edward know Bella is his soul mate?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. K. Z. Snow
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 13:18:02

I figured the “peen” answer was correct, since that’s how my SO found me. Guess it doesn’t work that way for Mormon vampires, though.

2. joanne
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 13:59:48

My usual answer would be ‘because the author made it so’ but since I didn’t read the book(s) I went with sparkly peen.

It sounds very, very, very paranormal —- and I really don’t want to know what a sparkly peen is. Really. Don’t tell me. Ewwww.

3. SonomaLass
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 15:08:55

See, I thought SHE couldn’t read HIS mind, which is a blessed relief to her from the noise she tends to get from other people. No, wait, that’s Sookie Stackhouse, isn’t it? Seem to have my vampire bait confused.

4. katiebabs
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 15:32:05

I am going with sparkly peen lights up. He shoots out rainbows and stars

5. ErinW
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 16:22:55

I like the lack o’ communication one… lit up sparkly peen was a close second, though!

6. kimber an
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 16:58:47

This is dumb.

Probably started by someone who doesn’t get why Stephanie Meyers is so successful and is envious. I would say it’s adolescent behavior, but the teens I know have a lot more class.

7. Emmy
    Apr 15, 2009 @ 20:55:08

Because it’s Meyer’s teenaged daydream, that alternate universe where she was actually popular in school and all the kids liked her and the hottest guy wanted to hook up with her. That’s how he knew.

Never mind that Edward is a total pedo, and so’s the other guy who wanted to hook up with Bella. Chick is a total pedo magnet, for some reason.

8. Darlynne
    Apr 16, 2009 @ 09:03:08

I went with “because she can see he’s sparkly” or something, and that’s only because there wasn’t an “I’m clueless” choice.

9. emma
    Jun 11, 2009 @ 13:33:46

he knows this as he cant read her mind. she is different from other humans. he can connect with her in different ways. he doesnt know everthing about her, which draws him to her! .

10. People get ready « Center of the Universe Book Club
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 02:10:11

[…] a letter to the author, chapter-by-chapter commentary, bullet-pointed discussion questions, reader’s poll, inspired or inspirational poetry, interpretive art, interpretive LOL[CAT]s, video reenactment,  […]