Dear Bitches, Smart Authors Podcast: What We’re Reading: November 28, 2011

I’m only a couple days behind on this one!!

We’re back, with more podcasting fun, this time as we chat about what we’re reading. We discuss cursing in romance – and whether there’s more cursing and blue language in romance published recently. And we talk football. NFL, specifically, and which players are the most hated.

The music this week was provided by Sassy Outwater, who knows a heaping ton of musicians and finds original music for us for each episode. This week’s music is “Sonata for Piano, Op. 26: Fuga: Allegro Con Spirito” and it’s performed by Jade Simmons.

It’s from her album Revolutionary Rhythm, which is on sale as an mp3 at Amazon or iTunes

The following are books we discussed:

Book CoverBook CoverBook Cover

Book CoverBook CoverBook Cover

Book CoverBook CoverBook Cover

Book Cover

You can find us at iTunes. You can also find us at PodcastPickle.

If you have content suggestions or have feedback, email us! The email address for the podcast is [email protected]. Thanks for listening!

1. Brie
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 10:11:08

I don’t know what’s going on with iTunes, I hit update but the last episode available is the one from Oct. 18, I haven’t been able to download Sarah Mayberry’s interview or the last episode. Is it just me or is there a problem with iTunes? Is there a way to download the episode any other way?

2. Na S.
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 10:39:01

Good selection. I have plans to read a few of those myself :)

Nov 30, 2011 @ 11:17:48

@Brie I think you can download it from the Pickle place…let me see about the link. Yes, here. We did curse in a couple of those broadcasts and I wonder if that is a problem with iTunes?

4. TFQ
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 12:28:09

@Jane: I couldn’t get the Sarah Mayberry interview through my iTunes DBSA subscription — I got an error message about a problem with the feed. I was able to download the individual episode, though, from the podcast directory.

Nov 30, 2011 @ 13:27:59

@TFQ Sarah is looking into it. She resubmitted the podcasts and hopefully iTunes will no longer be difficult. Sorry but thanks for letting us know.

6. Jennifer
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 19:10:14

I read The Virtuoso the other week, and until you pointed out all the historic inaccuracies, the plot points struck me as odd. I think the voice Burrowes uses in her books is so strong that I forget about issues that would probably bother me in books written by weaker author.

Nov 30, 2011 @ 19:12:57

@Jennifer: Yes, I agree, her voice is very compelling.

8. Shannon Stacey
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 06:17:13

I was able to get the Sarah Mayberry edition through iTunes, but I don’t subscribe. I go grab it when it’s posted as available. (Though I couldn’t find this one.)

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the Sarah Mayberry one’s title is different. It says “November something something”, then the podcast title. I liked it because I can never distinguish between past episodes, but the title being formatted differently may have messed up subscriptions? I don’t know that much about it, but I know that was different than the rest.

9. Brie
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 06:32:47

@Jane: Thanks Jane! It took me 10min to figure out that I needed to right-click on the download icon but I finally managed to do it. I have no idea what’s going on with iTunes, but apparently I’m the only one with the problem so it might be something on my end.

10. Kaetrin
    Dec 03, 2011 @ 06:53:17

I tried again on iTunes today but still no luck. :(
    I can listen from the podcast pickle on my pc but it’s not letting me save it so I can try and import it into iTunes manually. I’ll listen on the pc when I have an hour free with no kidlet or hubby to distract me!