Top Ten Reasons I’m Thankful for Romance
Dear Readers, Authors, Editors, Publishers, Booksellers, and Librarians,
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are my top ten reasons for being grateful for romance:
- In the pages of a good romance, I can re-experience the joy of falling in love.
- I've met wonderful people through online romance discussions.
- The psychology of relationships is really interesting, and romances are nothing if not relationship-focused.
- Nothing (not even chocolate) beats reading a favorite romance when I've had a really rough day.
- Romance is a genre that acknowledges the power of emotions.
- A great romance can transport me to other places, and sometimes, other times.
- I have had some fabulous conversations about romances with other readers.
- In romance, tragedy is usually leavened by humor, passion and happiness.
- I've discovered some terrific authors this way, authors who have made me appreciate the beauty of the written word.
- Romances give me something to blog about. :-)