Dear Readers, Authors, Editors, Publishers, Booksellers, and Librarians,
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are my top ten reasons for being grateful for romance:
- In the pages of a good romance, I can re-experience the joy of falling in love.
- I've met wonderful people through online romance discussions.
- The psychology of relationships is really interesting, and romances are nothing if not relationship-focused.
- Nothing (not even chocolate) beats reading a favorite romance when I've had a really rough day.
- Romance is a genre that acknowledges the power of emotions.
- A great romance can transport me to other places, and sometimes, other times.
- I have had some fabulous conversations about romances with other readers.
- In romance, tragedy is usually leavened by humor, passion and happiness.
- I've discovered some terrific authors this way, authors who have made me appreciate the beauty of the written word.
- Romances give me something to blog about. :-)