Joanna Bourne Updates Blog, Provides Excerpt

Book CoverLast Sunday, I started babbling about how much I liked a January 2008 release called The Spymaster’s Lady. At the time, the author did not have an updated blog or website so I wasn’t able to provide a link to an excerpt. However, since that time, Ms. Bourne has updated her blog and provided a delicious excerpt. It certainly whets the appetite, no?

1. Janine
    Oct 04, 2007 @ 12:21:21

Went there and read it. It looks very promising. My kind of heroine!

2. vanessa jaye
    Oct 04, 2007 @ 13:25:08

Verra nice. Love the exchange. I would’ve totally passed this book by on the shelf (the spy thing has never been what I’d consider a ‘hook’. Don’t hate, don’t love it.) Thanks for the heads-up.

3. Gina
    Oct 04, 2007 @ 13:51:52

I wonder – is it normal to get a hot flash from a short excerpt?
    I look foward to reading this – thank you for posting your thoughts and her updates.

4. MaryK
    Oct 05, 2007 @ 00:41:41

Yes, an excerpt really makes a difference. I don’t care for lady spies, but I do really like witty dialog; so I’ll be looking for this in January.

5. Lisa
    Jan 27, 2008 @ 22:34:15

Just finished Spymasters Lady. What a totally wonderful surprise. Very nice. Different. But still with a happy ending. A little more brain effort required than I usually like. I usually enjoy the romance novels because they require little of me in the thinking department. They dont tell me to be a better mother, wife, daughter, American, etc. They dont make me feel guilty for not doing it all right. They just make me smile and its always a happy ending. This one hardly made me smile. But it was a nice change. I thought well done.

Jan 27, 2008 @ 22:35:56

I’m glad you liked it. It’s definitely one of my favorites of the year. (of course, the year has just started, but it is still an amazing story).