Harlequin Giving Away One Free Ebook a Day Until January 1,...

Harlequin is giving away one free ebook per day until January 1, 2007. These are full length ebooks from the most popular lines such as Harlequin Presents and Harlequin Blaze. I will confess to having gorged on Harlequin Presents this holiday season. My two favorite HP authors are currently Sara Craven and Helen Brooks (neither of which are being given away, but I thought I would just throw that out there).

For those who are wondering what an ebook looks like, here is your opportunity.

Via Ann Bruce.

1. TeddyPig
    Dec 26, 2007 @ 11:06:23

I got two already and I am going for the whole set.

Although I wish they would branch out into jelly jar glasses or coffee cups or T-shirts with the covers on them.

2. Shannon
    Dec 26, 2007 @ 23:01:30

They used to give out pink wineglasses with books. I have two gathering dust in that tiny cabinet over the microwave/range hood, so I’d have rather have had the jelly jar glasses. Those I’d use.

3. KS Augustin
    Dec 27, 2007 @ 01:10:13

Not for those of us without a North American credit card apparently… I keep getting “We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your transaction at this time”, and I’ve been trying for 3 days (and 3 books) now.

4. Ann Bruce
    Dec 27, 2007 @ 01:54:55

KS — The site never asked for my credit card. As soon as I put in the rebate code, it took me to the download page.

5. KS Augustin
    Dec 27, 2007 @ 20:25:15

I’ll give Harlequin their due. I contacted their Customer Service Department and the problem (whatever it might have been) was fixed within 24 hours. And, you’re right Ann, it didn’t take me to the credit card page this time.

So, if anyone’s been having issues like me, contact Customer Service. They don’t say much, but they’re very efficient! Kudos to Harlequin.

6. Loretta
    Jan 01, 2008 @ 21:20:06

I have been having trouble downloading some of the books. It would tell me you can only use the coupon once when I didn’t even get out of my shopping cart or it wouldn’t let me into my bookshelf. I have emailed them but the books no longer show in the bookshelf so don’t know if they will still let me have them. I found that alot of people have had trouble with getting the books. I had to remove my adobe 8 and downloaded adobe 7 and got the adobeDRM activated and then it turned and around and missed up on me. So I would uninstall adobe 7 and reinstalled it and then the passport to do the DRM wouldn’t recongize my signature. It take to long to hear from them when you email them.

7. Janet
    Jan 02, 2008 @ 20:20:19

I had trouble too. I clicked the download button next to the title, as instructed, and all I got was a blank adobe reader page. Customer services sent me a link to try again and the same thing happened. I thought it was me clicking on the wrong button but now I don’t think it is. I’ve contacted customer services again.

As I’ve gone to all the trouble of downloading the Adobe reader I’d now like to have the book.