Nov 27 2006
Not to be left out, even though Thanksgiving has past, here’s my list.
- Those Calgon, Take Me Away moments wherein you are transported from mundane suburbia into the rich lives of the Old West, the Near Future, the Distant Past, and the Alternative Reality.
- No matter how many big silly misunderstandings a couple suffers through complete lack of communication, in the end, nothing can keep the gudgeons apart.
- Learning new words, like gudgeon and ahvenge.
- The words “free book” can make my whole day better even though a book costs about the same as a lunch. Come to think of it, though, I get excited over the words “free lunch”. It just must be the word “free.”
- Even the tritest most hackneyed story plots still read like new under the hands of a great author.
- Despite biological impossibilities, humans can be made into vampires and immortals and really live happily ever after.
- Finding that even the basest of humans can be worthy of love and redemption.
- Having extensive knowledge about something.
- Being one of the millions of readers who read those kinds of books.
- That romance is an industry for women, written by women, sold by women, bought by women. Go WOMEN Go.
Thanksgiving contest results to be posted at noon. Thanks for visiting and commenting. Next week: Romance Readers Are Being Series-ed to Death