Aug 6 2007
For those who did not attend the National convention, the publishers send their editors to give a spotlight. This presentation highlights upcoming books and what the editors are looking for to fill their future publishing slots. For the next two months, we’ll feature the Spotlight presentations from Nationals and help you readers fill out your To Be Read list. Your wallet can thank me in the comments section. First up is Heather Osborn from Tor, with whom I had the great pleasure to meet and break bread. If you ever are offered an opportunity to sit with Heather, don’t miss it. She’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met.
* * *
First off, I have to say it was really interesting for me, because other than one title, I hadn’t edited any of the upcoming books I was talking about for the Tor Romance line. That’s one of the big differences between e-book and print publishing, suddenly I am working a year in advance.
The books I profiled were:
- July 2007, Kiss Me Deadly by Susan Kearney — This is Tor’s very first Romantic Suspense, and we are eager to do more. In fact, Tor Editorial Assistant Jozelle Dyer is actively looking for great romantic suspense books as we speak.
- August 2007, In the Midnight Hour by Patti O’Shea — This is Patti’s first book for Tor, about modern day magic users who hunt down and battle monsters and demons from other dimensions. Since I am editing the second book in the series, I read this one early, and it is an action-filled story with a kick butt heroine and a fantastically sarcastic hero — I loved it.
- September 2007, Shadows on the Soul“>Shadows on the Soul by Jenna Black — This is the third book in Jenna’s Guardians of the Night series for Tor. And I just found out it received a 4 1/2 stars, top pick from RT BOOKreviews magazine. So yay and congrats, Jenna!
- October 2007, Moon’s Fury by Cathy Clamp and CT Adams — This is the 5th book in Clamp and Adams’s incredibly popular Sazi series. Moon’s Web won the 2006 RT award for Best Werewolf Romance.
- November 2007, True Deception by Patricia Waddell — This is the second book in Pat’s futuristic series for Tor, following her book True Blood, which won the RT award for Best Futuristic Romance.
- December 2007,
Send to Kindle