Because We All Need a Good Laugh

My favorite part is the 4:19 mark. I laughed so hard that Ned came over to see what was going on. Kresley is giving us some books to give away next week or so. Stay tuned. Update: Here is the link for all the videos.

Updated to add: I’m currently being grilled as to why I find these videos funny.

Ned: What is it about these videos that you find funny?

Jane: They just are.

Ned: But what is it, specifically?

Jane: 0_0

Ned: What?

Jane: Why are you asking me?

Ned: Are they reviewing books? Making fun of something?

Jane: It’s just funny. I think it’s funny.

Ned: I don’t get it.

Final update: Have watched them all. Nearly peed my pants. Showalter and Monroe are hysterical.

1. Meriam
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 13:53:18

If you mean when Gena ‘gives birth’ to her first paranormal, then yes, that had me choking. Funny ladies.

Confession: although I love Cole’s paranormals, I haven’t yet tried Showalter or Monroe. I really must give them a go.

Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:03:05

Meriam – you might want to try Monroe’s Primal Instincts. And you have to watch the Vincent video. They are all pretty funny.

3. Kristie(J)
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:15:32

This was funny. But then I watched the interview Jill and Gena did with PC and Kristen (Krissie) Cast and really roared. Have you seen that one? Oh is it priceless. Those two – Jill and Gena- are hilarious!

4. (Jān)
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:24:23

Hahahaha! That’s hysterical! So there are others? I can see my next hour will be wasted.

5. Melanie
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:27:30

Man, those are great! I can’t wait to hit it big and have them interview me. :o) I’ve bookmarked that site for the next videos.

Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:35:48

There are five in total. I put up the link to the blog. Very creative. Very funny. They all make me want to read the authors books, both that of the interviewers and interviewees.

7. Amie Stuart
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:36:07

Jane I had a similar conversation with boy #2 when he caught me laughing at the Rachel Vincent interview!

8. Rosie
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:39:36

What a great idea! So funny and clever.

9. Robin
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:41:40

Ah, authors who have a sense of humor about themselves. Isn’t that a much needed shot of normalcy after the past couple of days.

10. Jane A
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 14:55:21

LOVED the birth of A Hunger Like No Other. Hysterical.

11. gena showalter
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 15:37:55

I had so much fun making that Kresley Cole video. The best part is how Jill Monroe can hold a straight face through anything. The dancing, well, it’s a thing of beauty and I’ve decided not to question such. . . talent :)

12. katiebabs
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 16:48:04

The dance and birth made me spew my drink all over.
    *G*

13. sula
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 16:59:51

ok, gotta chime in and agree that the birthing scene was wayyyy too funny. I work at a uni with a large conservatory, so i’ve seen my fair share of modern dance, but i gotta say, gena, you put them all to shame. :)

all i wanna know now is where is Rydstrom’s book?!?!?! *grumble*

14. limecello
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 17:03:06

I loved this interview – I found it on Gena’s blog, and I laughed so hard I nearly choked. Jill and Gena are too much! :D

15. Jaci Burton
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 17:37:10

i used the ‘nearly peed in my pants’ reference when I was describing the videos to Angie. I swear every single one of these just kill me. I *heart* Gena and Jill.

16. Patrice Michelle
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 17:46:54

I met Gena and Jill at RT last year and they’re a riot! I LOVE these videos. The “birth scene” really had me cracking up!

17. Devon
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 17:59:21

That was very funny. It is very nice to see authors not taking themselves seriously. I love folks with a high threshold for embarrassment. I’m a children’s librarian so I have to have one.

18. Keishon
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 18:15:01

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!! This was great. Really great.

19. Keishon
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 18:17:42

I had so much fun making that Kresley Cole video. The best part is how Jill Monroe can hold a straight face through anything. The dancing, well, it's a thing of beauty and I've decided not to question such. . . talent :)

That was the funniest piece, where you give birth. Ah, priceless. I must try one of your books. Do you all do these types of interviews regularly?

I see Jane provided the link to the rest. My bad. Love them. Will look into reading your books.

20. janicu
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 18:17:58

I think I fall in the not really getting it camp, but it looks like they are having a lot of fun. I did find the birth of the book funny, but that was it. I think its one of those things like the Office for me – I probably have to watch a few of these to start getting into it.

21. Mad
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 20:30:05

Those were hysterical. I have to admit that I haven’t read Gena yet (have some of hers in the TBR) but I was suprised I didn’t have any of Jill’s books…must fix that.

22. Jill Monroe
    Apr 12, 2008 @ 20:42:00

You go to your brother’s birthday party and find out there’s another party going on without you!

Jane – I loved the conversation you had with your husband over these. My husband can usually be found just shaking his head.

Robin and Devon – every time I think I’ve reached my threshold for embarrassment, I just go a little bit further. And no, Gena and I never really take ourselves seriously – in fact, if you ever see her in person, feel free to call her Gyna.

Keishon – we’ve been trying to get videos up every other Friday.

I’m so glad everyone is enjoying the Author Talk videos. For my birthday, Gena bought me the authortalk website.

23. Gennita Low
    Apr 13, 2008 @ 09:01:28

That was so much fun to watch, Gyna and Munro! I love your books, especially Gyna’s exciting Working For The Devil and Jill Munro’s equally dreamy Dreams and Dream Narratives in the Biblical World. Can’t wait to have you autograph the books at RT!

:::grin:::

24. Emma Petersen
    Apr 13, 2008 @ 10:17:33

LMAO. Jill and Gena – the Lucy and Ethel of our generation.

25. Doreen Orsini
    Apr 13, 2008 @ 20:03:50

Thank you! I’ve never laughed so hard! Loved the book birth!
    Doreen

26. T. Sue VerSteeg
    Apr 13, 2008 @ 20:19:14

Oh
    My
    Gosh

When the book fell out…well, I think I might have busted something laughin. :)

27. Kristina Cook
    Apr 13, 2008 @ 20:42:03

OMG, that was hilarious!!! Now I have to go watch the rest of the videos….