1. Wendy
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 11:47:10

Nora fixing the toilet just about did me in.

2. katiebabs
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 11:53:28

4 catrillion dollars? LMAO
    And I am with Wendy about Nora flushing the toilet.

3. Jill Myles
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 12:11:36

I just about died when Kresley and Rocki hid behind the chair. :)

Great video, and I’m sure Nora’s sales will go through the roof after such publicity!

4. JulieLeto
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 12:33:11

I just kept waiting for Rocki and Kresley to jump out and scare Nora half to death.

Hilarious. As always. The toilet? Brilliant.

5. Cathy
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 12:37:27

This is the first Author Talk I’ve seen, and I nearly died laughing.

“Are you worried about global freezing?” Rofl.

6. SusanB
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 13:03:03

Thanks for food/drink no no warning…
    And I have never Nora speak…her voice is very husky and deep! I didn’t know!

7. Julia Sullivan
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 13:30:43

I am becoming the biggest Nora Roberts Fangirl (TM) on the planet!

And of course my love for Gena and Jill knows no bounds.

8. Mel-O-Drama
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 13:37:56

Jill and Gena are worthy of their own constellation.

9. che
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 14:02:52

Is there a transcript? Deaf woman here feeling left out. :-(

10. Shiloh Walker
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 16:04:11

LOL… loved it!

11. Jill Monroe
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 16:13:41

Che – I don’t want you to feel left out – e-mail me and I’ll get a transcript to you jillmonroe @ cox.net

12. KeriM
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 16:36:09

That was hilarious! You ladies are insane and I mean that in the nicest way. :-)

13. che
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 18:03:49

Jill Monroe- just emailed. Thanks.

14. Keishon
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 18:05:45

Nora flushing that toilet: priceless. {g} Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today.

15. Kristie(J)
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 18:58:14

Without question one of the highlights of my week in SF was running into Jill and Gena when they were coming out of their room. I thought when I saw them – OMG – it’s Jill and Gina!! I adore these author talk interviews and this one was freakin’ hilarious!!! And the Global Freezing question!! Still laughing.

16. Lori Borrill
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 19:04:53

I always have a special appreciation for celebrities who don’t take themselves too seriously. Love to see Nora having fun, and kudos Jill and Gena for another fabulous author talk!

17. Michelle
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 19:17:27

The toilet scene was great. Also loved the scene where Gena is telling everyone about the secret interview.

18. Bonnie
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 20:22:02

Sorry, but this is some of the dopiest, cheap crap I’ve ever seen.

I’m sorry that NR went along with it, but she did and she’ll survive. Obviously. :D

There will never be any respect for romance with shit like this flying around.

19. Nora Roberts
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 20:41:53

Bonnie, I’m sorry you feel that way. Obviously mileage does vary especially, I think, when it comes to humor.

I find Author Talk incredibly fun and smart, and both the concept and the execution awfully clever.

Just fyi, I didn’t go along with it, but directly requested the interview. I have to say, I’ve never enjoyed one more, and was delighted that Jill and Gena could fit me in.

20. Keishon
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 20:45:18

There will never be any respect for romance with shit like this flying around.

Why so serious?

Aug 15, 2008 @ 20:54:56

Bonnie

What is it about the video that you think makes romance less respected?

I have found all the author talk videos to be so fun with authors showing a good sense of humor and a good dose of self deprecation.

You are right that this is not a high budget production but by it’s very nature appears to be so authentic.

22. K. Z. Snow
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 21:52:24

Nice to see anything that humanizes people we tend to idolize. Like, I’ll never forget when Jackie O. and I went out to tip a few in NYC one Friday night (this was during her editorial days), and she played the “Star-Spangled Banner” on her left armpit. I thought, Wow, she really isn’t any different from the rest of us!

Loved that girl . . .

23. Lori
    Aug 15, 2008 @ 22:53:35

Are you sure it was the left armpit?

24. Lori Borrill
    Aug 16, 2008 @ 10:12:29

There will never be any respect for romance with shit like this flying around.

And I have to ask, who is it we’re supposed to be impressing? Maybe it’s maturity, but I got over myself a long time ago when it comes to things like literature, food, wine, art, films, and anything else people take it upon themselves to snark over. Life isn’t a popularity contest. Like what you like and let the rest go. Makes life a lot easier and helps keep those undies unbundled.

25. katiebabs
    Aug 16, 2008 @ 14:49:16

The Author Talk videos give me a good laugh during my stressful week. They are all in good spirit and fun. :D

26. sonya
    Aug 16, 2008 @ 16:31:27

Why so serious?

I died laughing – and after the video killed me, too. Guess that makes me a re-zombie… :-)

27. gena showalter
    Aug 16, 2008 @ 17:43:27

Bad acting. . . But I'm a certified graduate of The Gyna Snowater School of Learning for Writers Who Want to be Actors in Serious News Shows and Other Shows They Might Want to Star in Too. :)

28. Elysa Hendricks
    Aug 16, 2008 @ 21:54:14

Funny stuff. My hubby just reminded me that Farah Fawcett played Jill Monroe in Charle’s Angels. My how you’ve changed Farah. :-)

29. Karen Ender
    Aug 16, 2008 @ 23:55:27

This was my first visit with Author Talk and I loved it. Besides being funny, it’s nice to know that La Nora is such a good sport. I have always enjoyed her books along with the other quadrillion people and Gena’s as well. And Jill I will check yours out asap.

Oh Nora, if you are in town anytime soon, I have a long to do list if you are still looking for research opportunities. :)

30. Patricia Sargeant
    Aug 17, 2008 @ 08:47:45

Hilarious! Thanks for the chuckles, ladies! Great job.

31. Jill Monroe
    Aug 17, 2008 @ 20:00:36

Thanks so much for all the nice comments about Author Talk – and the toilet worked the whole rest of the week. Job well done.

Bonnie – perhaps you’d be more interested in the interviews at romancenovel.tv. They have tons of romance authors on board, and the production value is top notch!