What Will They Think of Next

When I first read this article in Time magazine, I thought for sure it was a hoax. A Google widget to protect yourself from emailing drunken messages over the internets? Surely not. I then googled it and sure enough, Gmail has a new feature called Mail Goggles. An email won’t be sent unless you can solve 5 arithmetic problems in 60 seconds.

I wish I had that back in college . . .

1. Bree
    Oct 15, 2008 @ 13:59:45

Now that would never work for me, because I can do math while drunk…maybe better than when I’m sober. What I need is a feature that makes me spell words correctly. Or answer questions on affect vs effect 5 times. ;)

2. Maggie's Mom
    Oct 15, 2008 @ 14:08:23

Yeah, but what can stop drunk dialing??

3. Emmy
    Oct 15, 2008 @ 14:32:57

I’d never get an email out, since I can’t do math sober. Is there an optional calculator with cyber scratch paper?

4. Kristi
    Oct 15, 2008 @ 14:46:50

The math one would never work for me. What I’d need is a widget that would ask me several questions in Spanish (outloud). If I answer quickly, and fluently, I flunk. Somehow I remember more of that language when inebriated….

5. Anne Douglas
    Oct 15, 2008 @ 15:05:39

No no, not drunk dialling these days, it’s drunk text messaging or IM’ing. (as evidenced by the strange IM’s from my sister in NZ last week, expounding on the joys of fish bits at three in the morning. Much more satisfying, apparently, than going out for fish and chips, as the fish bits are just that much itty bitty than a regular piece of fish and you don’t have all those carb laden chips to test your will…)

edited because apparently I sound drunk… I swear I’m not, check back in 6 hrs though, might be a different story.

6. Kat
    Oct 16, 2008 @ 17:56:20

Friends don’t let friends text/twitter drunk.