Wednesday News: Retailer who terrorized customers for giving bad reviews sentenced to 4 years; New Kobo reading devices; Jane Austen measured by MRIs
Kobo has released a new suite of reading devices although none of them are getting major play. These devices are all noted as “coming soon”, but the Kobo Arc is targeted for a mid November release. This has a nice comparison between the Fire and the Arc.
Kobo Mini ($79)
- 5″ E Ink touchscreen; Vizplex V110 display; 16-level grey scale
- 2 GB internal storage
- Files types: EPUB, PDF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RFT, CBZ, CBR.
Kobo Glo $129.99
- 6″ E Ink XGA Pearl screen; 1024×768 resolution; 16-level grey scale
- 2 GB internal storage / external storage micro SD
- 55 hours of continuous use with the light on.
- Built-in ComfortLight technology with micro-thin hard coating for durability and even light distribution
Kobo Arc ($199)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Micro USB
- Built-in dual front-facing speakers and universal 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack with SRS TruMedia™ sound
- 7” IPS display; 1280 x 800 HD resolution; 215 ppi;
- 720p HD front-facing camera (1.3 MP)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor; 1 GB RAM
- Open access to Android™ 4.0
- 8 GB or 16 GB models
- 10 hours of reading
On repeated occasions, BORKER also threatened to, and did, send false and obscene e-mails to customers’ professional associates or colleagues. For example, BORKER sent e-mails to colleagues of a disgruntled customer and falsely claimed that he had an affair with the customer, and that the customer had engaged in professional misconduct. He wrote emails about the sexual preferences of other customers, and made claims that some of them were involved in drug dealing. These emails were also sent to his victims’ professional associates and colleagues. … In sentencing Borker, Judge Sullivan said: “These were vile threats, and you were terrorizing these people.”