Wednesday Midday Links: The “Other” eBook Sales

Discoverability is a problem, isn’t it? Avon and Hachette are among the Agency publishers who have their books discounted but are not on the Kindle Sunshine Deals page. Avon smartly made up an entire list of their deals which I have listed here (with the DA affiliate code). The best thing about this? Because of Agency pricing, these deals should be available at your favorite ebook store. You don’t need a Kindle to take advantage of these prices. Also, I put a DA Recommends by the titles that you might like for the sale price.

From Avon

$1.99 titles

$2.99 titles

$4.99 titles

From Hachette:

From Samhain (Free)

1. Mike Cane
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 10:44:43

Well, there you go, helping Sony to its eBook grave — and not helping Kobo, either. Just Kindle and Nookbook links? No ePub? (We can’t call Nookbooks ePub because B&N has at least branded them so people won’t expect them to run on other devices.)

2. Helen
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:09:23

Tyger, Tyger is not free on the nook or the kindle.

Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:10:45

@Helen – no that title is not free until the 15th. That’s why there are dates for the Samhain ones.

4. Christine M.
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:13:30

Thanks for complaining, Mike! :)

5. Gwen Hayes
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:18:39

Thank you very much for putting all of these in one place. You made my day.

6. cayenne
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:21:58

Interestingly, I tried to go to kobo via the link above for “Perils of Pleasure” by Julie Anne Long, and no luck. Maybe it’s a geographic issue (I’m in Canada), but instead, “Secret to Seduction” was on promo for $1.99 CDN.

- -kim

7. Brian
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:24:01

Perils of Pleasure by Julie Anne Long -DA recommends (nook)

FYI, her book ‘The Secret to Seduction’ is on sale (from Hachette) for $1.99 as well.

Also from Hachette…
    My Forbidden Desire by Carolyn Jewel for $1.99
    Laird of the Mist by Paula Quinn for $0.99
    Flirting With Temptation by Kelley St. John for $1.99
    Hot Wheels and High Heels by Jane Graves for $1.99
    Tall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves for $1.99

I only checked Amazon, but they should be the same price everywhere at least for US customers.

8. SonomaLass
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:25:36

Wow, Jane, that’s a lot of links! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

9. Lisa J
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 12:18:11

Unforatunately the books are not discounted at Kobo or the Sony store. They still show at 6.99 or 7.99 each (at least the 4 I looked at).

10. Moriah Jovan
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 12:24:55

Additional links because Mike complained:

Because that’s what he does.

11. Shayera
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 13:03:35

@Moriah Jovan:

I say no giving in to #blogcrank’s demands until he comes back to twitter.

Also, to stay on topic, that’s a pretty great list of books. My kindle tbr pile is increasing.

12. Jayne
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 13:08:20

@SonomaLass: Yes! Go Jane and taking the time to do all these links.

13. Angela
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 13:31:00

Thanks for putting this together Jane!! Awesome list :)

14. Tanya
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 13:33:30

My Kindle thanks you for the links to feed its bottomless appetite for cheap e-books. My wallet is not as happy.

15. Robin Greene
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 14:34:13

Thanks, Jane. I bought 2 of then plus 2 others while I was at it.

16. Estara
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 15:36:10

Thank you very much for the tip-off. Books on Board seem to offer the same deal. I got the two missing Liu books for the advertised price, in any case ^^

17. Danielle D
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 15:43:06

@Mike Cane:

Thanks Mike for complaing and thanks Jane for adding Sony and Kobo to your post. I have a Sony and my friend has a Kobo!

18. Sandra
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 17:29:17

Much thanks for the great list.

19. Lorraine from CA
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 19:09:23

Thank you Jane for putting up all those links. FYI, the Nook version of Kate Johnson’s Sophie Green Mystery is DRM free! I was able to open the epub file with Adobe Digital Editions and loaded it onto my Sony Pocket.

20. Anthea Lawson
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 19:09:43

Most Kensington Zebra Debut novels are ALWAYS around $2.50 on the Kindle. At least, that’s true for the books with a 3.99 print cover price — the Kindle prices go up to nearer $4 when the cover price rises, but still. Jane could you recap again how to search by publisher? I just wanted to remind people looking for deals that Sourcebooks and Kensington are NOT Agency publishers, and many excellent reads can be found for under 5 bucks from them. :)

21. Tracey O'Hara
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 07:54:07

Thanks for helping to spread the word. :)

22. Patricia
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 08:40:56

I think the Christina Dodd book is famous because the original cover had a three armed person. One of her early books did, in any case. She got a lot of publicity because of the screw up and, as a newly published author, she took all the publicity she could get, she has said.

23. ErikaTsang
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 19:43:30

Hi, Patricia

Actually, A Well Favored Gentleman is the one about the selkie. The book you’re referring to is Castle in the Air.

24. avid reader
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 20:56:13

Yes, Tyger, Tyger is #8 on the Kindle free books right now (for romance) http://www.amazon.com/Tyger-Burning-Bryght-Orion-ebook/dp/B001IWL1ZM/ref=zg_bstf_158566011_16

Jun 22, 2011 @ 15:18:24

Don’t know if you guys saw this (will be in tomorrow’s midday links) but Random House is re lauching its digital first line based on loveswepts?LINK