Vivienne Tan Notebook $700

hpminiinsidesleads.jpg

hpmini5.jpg

Love it? You’ll have to pay nearly 66%* more for it. The Vivienne Tan notebook is part of the HP Mini 100 family. It is less than 1″ thick and weighs 2.25 pounds. There is a LED backlight, an Ethernet jack, 2 USB ports, microphone and integrated webcam. Accessories include an embroidered sleeve, Accidental Damage Protection Service, and “an HP SmartFriend Calling Card good for 6 months of unlimited consultative service.” The Vivienne Tam Edition is $699.99 as compared to the plain black version at $450.00. Is the designer version worth it? Oh, to not be in a depressed economic state right now. Decisions, decisions.

*I think that figure is right but my math could be off.

1. Shiloh Walker
    Oct 29, 2008 @ 11:05:34

I want. I don’t need. Probably wouldn’t use much. But I WANT.

2. HeatherO
    Oct 29, 2008 @ 14:28:42

Oh man, I still want it! But probably not 700 dollars worth of want. Probably.

3. KCfla
    Oct 29, 2008 @ 14:39:25

Dang! I’m with you all. I can’t afford it, but I’d love it!

4. Emmy
    Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:29:15

oooohhhhh bright shiny stuff….ADHD, activate!

Not getting any more puters or readers for the time being. I like something about all of them, but not everything about any of them. So until features get a little more consolidated, I’ll be spending my money on more important stuff…like that new Coach duffel bag I’ve been eyeing. My old gym bag is a mess.

5. Jia
    Oct 29, 2008 @ 16:55:12

Well, that price tag killed my lust very quickly, didn’t it?

I’ll still hold out for a Dell Mini in red then.

6. Randi
    Oct 30, 2008 @ 08:59:15

Do you know how many books you could buy for $700!!!! Or, you know, replace my plumbing…

It sure is purty though.

7. Wendy
    Oct 30, 2008 @ 12:34:53

I want. SO BAD.

8. SonomaLass
    Oct 30, 2008 @ 15:18:16

Oh so sexy! Not that I see myself getting a PC, even a sexy one like that, to replace my faithful Mac Powerbook, but I do like the look.

9. Kat
    Oct 31, 2008 @ 07:07:33

I’ve been lusting after the Vivienne Tan notebook for weeks now. I just found out it’s going to cost about the same as an iLiad, which I’ve been lusting after for over a year now (and one of the few e-book readers available in Australia). So I continue to lust from afar.

Edited: Actually, that can’t be right. If it ever gets to Oz, it will have to cost more than the iLiad after the currency conversion (which, at the moment, is ridiculous).

10. Seressia
    Nov 03, 2008 @ 21:57:40

Or, you can go to HP and enter the sweepstakes to win one.

I did. ‘Cos at $700, I can just about buy a lovely chocolate colored Acer mini PC and a Sony eReader instead. (and they’ve got a special Debbie Macomber edition at Sony.com)

11. My Early ChristYuleKwanzukah Present | Seressia Glass: Blog Me
    Dec 06, 2008 @ 13:09:01

[...] when Dear Author posted about the gorgeous red Vivienne Tam edition of the HP Mini, I discovered the world of [...]