Tuesday News: B&N to launch in the UK in October; Penguin and Harlequin Australia launches digital first lines; The next generation wristwatch
“The story of Microsoft’s lost decade could serve as a business-school case study on the pitfalls of success. For what began as a lean competition machine led by young visionaries of unparalleled talent has mutated into something bloated and bureaucracy-laden, with an internal culture that unintentionally rewards managers who strangle innovative ideas that might threaten the established order of things.”
If it’s science fiction, fantasy, contemporary, historical, erotic, inspirational romance, urban fantasy, paranormal – or any mixture of the above, Harlequin Escape’s got it. We offer all levels of sensuality from the sweetest kisses to the hottest encounters. We offer different lengths, from short stories through novellas to full length novels. Our novels are standalone, loosely connected, or part of an ongoing series. More at HarlequinEscape.
Edited to add: I received a few answers from Harlequin Australia.
- Any debut titles that we should be watching for? Not as yet – we’re on the hunt for brilliant new voices right now!
- Do you have a release schedule? Not as yet – we hope to launch our debut titles by the end of the year
- Any pricing details? All of our titles will be priced competitively and informed by word count
- Availability? All titles will be DRM free and available globally from all major eRetailers
- Will the settings be primarily Australia and (I assume) New Zealand? Setting will not be limited to Australia and NZ, however we are dedicated to bringing Australian and New Zealand voices to readers globally.
- For the authors on my site, any word on the royalty? We’ll keep you posted!
What is Destiny Romance looking for? Destiny Romance is passionately interested in all kinds of romantic fiction, from sweet and tender through to saucy and sensual. We’re looking for all subgenres, including but not limited to: contemporary, historical, suspense, paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and erotica. If you’ve come up with a new style of romance, then we’re interested in that too. We are accepting shorter length stories from 25,000 words right up to full-length novels of 100,000-plus. We will not consider manuscripts of less than 25,000 words, non-fiction work, children’s books or poetry. A strong voice, originality and intense emotions will help your manuscript stand out in the crowd. At this stage, we are particularly on the hunt for historical (Regency) romance, contemporary romance featuring high-powered men and women, medical romance, and erotic romance.
Apparently Soho Press is launching a YA line. You can see the debut trailer at The BookSmugglers. The press email I received yesterday promised something very neat if I posted the “exclusive” code. So here it is. Anything exciting happening? Dollar bills falling out of the screen?