Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenger Is Set to Start Movie...

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston purchased the rights to The Time Traveler’s Wife when they were still married. After the divorce, the rights went to Brad Pitt’s Plan B company. Production for the movie will start in August with Eric Bana playing Henry and Rachel McAdams, Clare. Robert Schwentke will direct. Jeremy Leven and Bruce Joel Rubin adapted the novel for the screen.

Via IGN

1. Janine
    Apr 18, 2007 @ 15:12:30

I had to go to IMDB to look up Schewentke. He directed Flightplan, which I did not see but which was reputed to be a good movie. Rachel McAdams is not what I pictured Clare like, though. So we’ll see.

2. Karen Scott
    Apr 18, 2007 @ 16:48:22

Oh God, I don’t know if I can bare to see it. Eric Bana? Nooooooo!

3. Robin
    Apr 18, 2007 @ 19:08:22

I liked Flightplan, but definitely a different type of movie with this book. Of course I thought Michael Mann was a hack until he made The Insider. Rachel McAdams might work for me, in part because I don’t have a big investment in her past roles (unlike Anna Paquin who, IMO, is just NOT Sookie Stackhouse!), but I’m veeeerrrrry excited about Eric Bana as Henry. I fell in love with him in Munich, which, given the subject matter of that film, was quite amazing. I think he has exactly the right quality of contained angst for Henry.

4. Jorrie Spencer
    Apr 18, 2007 @ 19:10:09

Might be good. I’ll be watching out for it.

Actually, I like both these actors, although Eric Bana I’ve only seen once, in Troy, and he was the only good thing in it. ‘Course Karen seems to not like Eric Bana quite so much.

5. Christine Rimmer
    Apr 20, 2007 @ 10:27:40

Eric Bana is pretty amazing, really. He goes way in for a role. Anyone see Chopper? He played a real-life super-bad murdering psycho-dude and I bought every minute of it. But he can do a loving, sexy, haunted, complex man as well–re Munich, as Robin points out. He could make a fine Henry in TTW.

The Henry I can’t see him playing is Henry VIII in THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL, which I hear he is doing with Scarlett Johansson as Mary and Natalie Portman as Anne…But hey. He’s surprising and he could probably pull it off.

6. Robin
    Apr 20, 2007 @ 10:36:41

Am I the only one who is sooooo over Scarlett Johansson?

I haven’t read The Other Boleyn Girl, but it’s on my TBB list. Haven’t seen Chopper either, but damn, if it has Bana in it I have to. The movie that really scares me is the upcoming Eric Bana/Drew Barrymore romantic comedy; that’s just all kinds of wrong, IMO.

7. Christine Rimmer
    Apr 20, 2007 @ 11:57:27

Robin, heard ya, re Scarlett J. Too many movies, all in a row, all playing the same, er, nubile twit. Actually, though, thinking back…I liked her in Match Point and Girl with the Pearl Earring. But then there was that Justin Timberlake thing and…maybe I’m just jealous of those amazing lips. She gives Angelina a run for her money.

The Other Boleyn Girl–the book, I mean–is wonderful. Well, I thought so, anyway. But I’ve always been a freak for the Tudors and the various interpretations of their twisted relationships. It is in first person POV, which I know turns some people off. Not me, though. Love, love, loved it.

Uh. Yeah. Lucky Me isn’t working for me…at least not from advance buzz and a look at the website.

8. Janine
    Apr 20, 2007 @ 13:36:00

My favorite Scarlett Johansson movie is Ghost World. She made it before she became famous, and it’s a different kind of role for her (though I like Thora Birch in it even better).

9. Christine Rimmer
    Apr 20, 2007 @ 14:38:44

Janine, wow. Scarlett Johannson’s in Ghost World? The things I’ve forgotten. It’s scary. I’m going to have to watch that one again. I remember I liked it, that Steve Buscemi was in it, and how Thora Birch looked in it.

Shallow? Moi?

10. Autumn Washington
    Jun 20, 2010 @ 02:16:39

don’t you just love the eyes of Rachel McAdams? she has some pretty eyes.;’”