Thursday News: Booksmugglers seeking submissions; Apple loses patent case to Samsung;...

cover-speculative-fiction-2012-327x450

Yay! Go forth and submitThe Book Smugglers

Most states do not allow for a direct to consumer sale of a motor vehicle.

Self-publishing has brought direct to consumer sales; albeit on a much lower scale because they still use retailers to facilitate most purchases. But the self-publishing business model is built around reducing the interference between the content creator and the customer.Reuters

Researchers at the University of Minnesota have developed a helicopter that can be controlled with your mind. An EEG cap fitted with 64 electrodes reads the electrical impulses of the brain and translates those impulses into controls over the helicopter.

With the Dominoes invention of delivery drones, we can simply put on our EEG caps and direct our drone helicopter to pick up and deliver things to our homes. Don’t worry. I’m sure Amazon will be selling these soon.  Crave

1. Ana
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 06:46:42

Thank you! And I’d really like to reinforce that we would love to see submissions and recommendations from/by MG, YA, UF and Romance bloggers/blogs/fanzines as well.
    Ana

2. Patricia Eimer
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 07:59:41

Love the book smugglers blog. And the helicopter with mind control? That’s freaky.

3. MaryK
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 14:27:56

Mind controlled helicopters? I’d be happy with self driving cars.

4. Kia Mjolsness
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 20:12:48

I am an avid DA lurker and a longtime Tesla employee. The most ironic part of this situation is that this is only happening in the South. And generally all I hear from southern republicans come election season is how the government needs to stay out of the free market….

Jun 06, 2013 @ 20:20:32

@Kia Mjolsness: Ha ha. So true. Except when it comes to cars and vaginas, I guess.

I dream of owing a Tesla Model S but there aren’t any charging stations in the Midwest and I’d be afraid of driving it any distance. Someday though!

6. jessP
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 21:23:28

@Jane:
    While it’s not a Tesla, you might find this article interesting:
    I’d love to go completely electric, but I’d need better range.
    Best regards to you.