Stephenie Meyer’s Fourth (and FINAL) Edward and Bella Book Set for...

According to a press release from Little Brown, Stephenie Meyer’s Breaking Dawn will be released on Saturday, August 2, at 12:01 a.m. I wonder if all the bookstore parties will feature prom associated attire given that is a signature thing for Meyer.

Breaking Dawn brings to a close the Edward and Bella saga. I suppose that it ends with Bella being turned and Edward and Bella being married but it is the journey of how they get to that point that has been riveting.

Her adult book, The Host, will debut on May 6. At the end of the year (Dec 12 2008), Meyer’s debut book, Twilight, will be released as a motion picture from Summit Entertainment starring Kristen Stewart as Bella and Robert Pattinson as Edward.

1. Dev
    Feb 07, 2008 @ 13:39:24

Kiddo’s happy with the casting ~ I’m not. I still don’t see Kristen Stewart as Bella. I’m looking forward to the release of Breaking Dawn.

2. Dana
    Feb 07, 2008 @ 16:44:48

I liked the first book, it wasn’t anything ground breaking, but it was fun, light reading. However, once I found out it was a series, I stopped reading, because I’m so burned out on these never ending series. And I figured this one was going to be one of those. I’m soooo happy that it’s actually gonna have an ending. I definitely plan on reading the entire quartet, as soon as the last book is released.

3. Keishon
    Feb 08, 2008 @ 13:23:27

I’ll skip the film; I will be reading Breaking Dawn.

4. Movies By The Book » Fourth and Final ‘Twilight’ book release date
    Feb 12, 2008 @ 15:30:11

[…] fourth and final book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series has been announced.  The title is Breaking Dawn and the official release date is Saturday, August 2, at 12:01 am, […]

5. mykayla d. davis
    Feb 25, 2008 @ 12:54:38

i cant wait till it comes the movie comes out the weekend of my birthday im so exicted

6. sami and mykayla
    Feb 25, 2008 @ 12:58:09

sami: I am so excited about the movie coming out im soooo going to mykaylas party but ya’ll need to get John Cena to play Edward! Man that would be hot!
    Mykayla: i love twilight so so so much im going to see it 4 my b day wd sami and krystal and selina

7. mary-anne Ma'Carthy
    Mar 14, 2008 @ 09:10:32

hey! I love your book, I just wish that you could just not be stingy with bella’s pic and I mostly wanna see EDWARD CULLEN;s. Gosh I wonder how he looks????????? please…please…please…e-mail his pcture to me I beg of you

8. Books-A-Million
    Jul 03, 2008 @ 10:06:52

Books-A-Million is hosting THE party of the Summer for all Twilight fans. Celebrate the midnight release of Breaking Dawn with Twilight trivia contests, costume contests, prizes, and much more! Party starts at 10pm on Friday, August 1st. Visit you local Books-A-Million to pre-purchase the book today and be the first in line to get Breaking Dawn at midnight, you won't get it anywhere else faster!

9. shokri
    Jul 22, 2008 @ 13:37:41

the fourth book breaking dawn will NOT be the last book in the series! it will be the last book from bella’s perspective. I’m guessing that the rest will be from both edward’s and jacob’s POV’s.

10. Chanelle
    Jul 23, 2008 @ 14:04:46

It WILL be the last book in the series because the others are technically a differant series. The one is Edwards perspective (please be published!!) has a differant title and technically is a differant story. I hope she writes Eclipse from his perspective because I want to know what happened when he left bella.

11. natalie
    Nov 07, 2008 @ 20:30:11

Hey I wanted to let you know we dont care about the leakage and no one I know bothered to read it. we want you to finish the books so bad and all excited. Please keep writing your an amazing author and inspiration. I cant wait for midnight sun, please finish it, I wont read what was leaked. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep writing your awsome.

12. Comment on Stephenie Meyer’s Fourth (and FINAL) Edward and Bella …
    Nov 08, 2008 @ 03:03:16

[…] Go here to read the rest: Comment on Stephenie Meyer's Fourth (and FINAL) Edward and Bella … […]

13. jessica ;)
    Nov 15, 2008 @ 23:15:54

I love the book and i can not WAIT tinto; the movie comes out
    edward & robert pattinson dazzle meee :) I didnt even read what was leaked so PLEASE , PLEASE PLEEEEEEASE continue with midnight sun!
    & please reopen your email ! :)

-jessicaaa

14. Ann Somerville
    Nov 15, 2008 @ 23:44:35

@jessica ;):
    You guys realise that Stephanie Meyer has nothing to do with this site, and the chances of her reading your messages are probably zero, right?

You’d be better off sending your notes through her official channel.

15. c. cullen
    Nov 22, 2008 @ 17:22:48

I saw the movie yesterday and i screamed and i cried and i laughed and i mean ypou could definitley tell who was a TRUE twilighter and who wasn’t. my friends and i waited in line for TWo hours covered in sharpie (praises to edward:) and our tee shirts. when they recited lines from the book my friends and i would say it with the characters and we had a blast. i have 3 posters 5 pins ALL of the books and a shirt of twilight. now i am just hoping when i go to high school that i will meet a vampire as swwet and as protective as edward id to bella.

OH AND PLEASE PUBLISH MIDNIGHT SUN!!!!!!!!!!:D

16. Gennita Low
    Nov 22, 2008 @ 20:14:19

Oh my.

For the good ole days of The Titanic Grrls.

;-)

17. Emmy
    Nov 23, 2008 @ 06:14:24

wtf? srsly?

18. Emmy
    Nov 23, 2008 @ 06:32:10

Oh, and you’ll be pleased to know that Summit greenlighted New Moon, so you can get more sparkly!vampire action.

19. The truth beneath the lies
    Nov 29, 2008 @ 22:59:16

Amy i first start off by saying that i really do love the twilight books n was sad when i finished them, but when i went to go see the movie…well that was a different story. sure everyone went to go see edward, but i was there just to watch. personally, i found that the movie lacked what i thoguht it would have been, dare i say better. but sadly the movie wasn’t, it looked more or less like they just through it together before the girl fans kidnapped the actor of edward lol. i mean it could have been great excpet for my skill of looking into detail. examples are: when edward throws bella on his back to bring her to the meadow, it’s lame, how he carries her, if you look at the sence, she actually looks like she’s riding on his shoulders, not to mention the sound effects. or when edward brings her to his house and gets out of the car to hurry to her side to let her out, and the lame sound effect, plus the fact you could tell it was fast forwarded. I found that the sences were thrown together instead of being molded from one clip to the next. maybe it was the fact that they could have been rushing or maybe the director to a little to much of a challenge then what they could handle. but none the less it would have been nice if the director from the harry potter movies would have directed twilight instead, i mean they had quite a challenge too, with the whole flying on broom sticks and creatures thing but yet that movie was better. please don’t diss or whatever, just becuase i came on here to speak my mind and tell the author that i simply felt that the director may have wrecked the hope of present and future readers hopes like my own.

20. The truth beneath the lies
    Nov 29, 2008 @ 23:05:41

May I say, is the first part in the sentence, I was rushing myself lmao ^

21. fiona
    Nov 30, 2008 @ 15:57:18

so let me ask. IS there going to be another book after breaking down or not?

22. Angelica
    Nov 30, 2008 @ 22:50:42

Love the books but the movie REALLY lacked. Its like they were rushing. so many things were cut out from the book. i know you can’t have it EXACTLY like the book but i think they should of put more effort into it. Went by so fast, it didnt feel like a 2 hour movie. I have to say it wasnt what i expected it to be. I was very disappointed.

23. mariah
    Dec 01, 2008 @ 19:15:03

so yea i agree with all of you i think that twilight the movie lacked alot of vital scenes and information! the casting picks were ok…the cullens were perfect! i cant wait until new moon! *hint* if anyone has any information on casting or auditions for the role of leah clearwater please please please let me know or comment on this website please! that would mean the world to me! we true twilighters have to stick together right?!

24. Ann Bruce
    Dec 01, 2008 @ 21:00:27

This thread is seriously starting to scare me.

25. Mireya
    Dec 02, 2008 @ 16:20:08

It’s the case with anything having to do with Twilight. Some refer to the fans as Twitards… don’t think any of the regulars here will need to figure that one out.

26. The truth beneath the lies
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 17:22:07

I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one that thought the movie was dissappointing. personally it still scares me how many people are in love with edward, I mean sure he’s hot and a bad boy but he’s frictional and its nice to dream, still I’m curious to hear if someone will agree with me or will call me crazy and such

27. MaryK
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 18:16:14

What makes people think this site has some connection with Stephenie Meyer? Are they posting from cell phone browsers that don’t render the site legibly or something? Because otherwise, Wow.

Seriously, I’m curious.

28. Jia
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 19:40:05

I don’t know about the other J’s but this is actually more common than you think. Some of my reviews often get comments directed towards the author that show no awareness of the fact this site is obviously not an author site. Now sometimes the actual author will stop by and reply. But most of the time, they don’t.

29. hannah
    Dec 08, 2008 @ 21:56:13

Stephanie is working on the books from edwards point of view, its called Midnight Sun and I am not sure when it will be finished but I am suppperrr excited:)
    I have read all them and saw the movie 4 times to makes sure I didn’t miss anything.

And I did notics something. If Stephanie is reading this(probably not)
    then I think its really interesting how you named all Bella’s point of veiw books after something that had to do with the moon, Twilight(moons), Eclipse(moons), New Moon(moons?), and breaking dawn(moons) I like it alot.
    And I have a feeling you will do that same with Midnight sun except with the sun.
    I thought it was because Bella reminds me of a moon, gentle and sweet?
    And Edward it like the sun, Strong and Passionate?

Thats just my theory.
    I do like it though:)

30. Gennita Low
    Dec 08, 2008 @ 22:19:50

Best thread evah. Next title: Moonlight Sonata. Just sayin’.

;-)

31. Talia
    Dec 12, 2008 @ 02:37:05

Breaking Dawn is the final book. Can’t believe it. I want to know about Bella’s and Edward’s college life. AND, about Jacob and Renesmee.

32. Enough!already
    Dec 12, 2008 @ 03:47:58

Is it too late too point out that Edward has already been to college…multiple times…and that Bella, in true Mormon tradition, is going to stay home and make babies? No further education required.

I don’t want to read about Jacob waiting for enough grass to grow on the field for him to play ball.

33. Mireya
    Dec 12, 2008 @ 21:17:46

From everything I’ve read (the phenomenon fascinates me even if I can’t say the books impressed me at all) she may write more books in the same universe, but not with Edward and Bella as main characters. However, she is enjoying her prima dona status at the moment, and all the begging she’s getting from the fan girls. I am not impressed by the author at all, as an individual, either. *shrug*

34. Amey
    Dec 31, 2008 @ 21:47:16

Wow, for those of you who watched the movie and had read the books first… I can’t believe that you all thought that the movie did justice to the books at all. There were so many things off in the movie it was upsetting. Where did the “fore head” kissing from Edward go? What’s up with the horrible graphics? Oh, and when did the Cullens become monkeys that swing in trees? I don’t know about anyone else but I am really glad that the second movie is getting a new director and hopefully a better screen writer. Maybe someone who actually has read the books and has laughed, cried and gotten upset with the writing. Stephanie is an amazing writer and I haven’t read from anyone like her since, “David Eddings and Piers Anthony”. I think that it is terrible that someone leaked out the next story but on another note… she needs to realize how great she is and not let that bother her while she continues with her books. We will all be waiting for them and I hope that she chooses to be involved in the production of the upcoming movies so that they do not destroy the fans of the books with watching such horribly depicted films… :(

35. Tara
    Jan 18, 2009 @ 21:53:58

I have a note for Stephenie if this is her:

Hi, Stephenie. I am one of your many fans. I understand you don’t think you can go on with Midnight Sun, and that is okay. It was horrible of them to post it on the internet. But I do think that you should do one thing for all your fans: write more Twilight books. We would LOVE for you to. Some names for the next book could be “Evening Dusk” or “Midnight Darkness”. Some things that could happen would be like something seems wrong with Edward, but he won’t tell Bella what’s going on, or Renesmee grows up and marries Jacob. Those would be some cool ideas, you just carry on from there.
    Thanks,
    Tara

P.S. Hope you like the ideas!

36. amber
    Apr 08, 2009 @ 16:30:16

if this is stephenie meyers then i really think that you should publish midnight sun and keep going on with the twilight books. I really enjoy them very much. And i know lots of other people enjoy them too… i think that you should seriously consider writing more cause your my favorite writer…. and i would really like to know what happens to edward and bella through time…. you got me started and now you should really consider that i wanna read more and more and more and i think other people do to. It is a very big hit…. so you should let people keep reading your books so please stephenie if this is you please write more and more books and also publish midnight sun on top of it….. i would really enjoy that and i know other people would also enjoy it too… so let us enjoy it longer.
    Thankyou,
    please consider everything i just said your books are a very big hit and very popular if you stop with the books i will be wondering about edward and bella all the time so please write more books alot more :]