Stanza Partners with Fictionwise
http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com SB Sarah emailed this breaking news release to me. Stanza has partnered with Fictionwise to provide DRM content via the Fictionwise store. It's brilliant and I really applaud Fictionwise for allowing its store to be partnered with Stanza because Fictionwise could have easily said, no thanks, we've got ereader. Stanza has licensed the ebook Reader platform so the books that you buy are in eReader format.
- Open Stanza on your iPhone.
- Choose Online Catalog from the Library screen then Fictionwise Book Store.
- Choose the Fictionwise library
- Add to Cart
- It's bookstore content is formatted for the iPhone (unlike every other retailer Stanza has partnered with thus far).
- You have to create an account with stanza.fictionwise.com. (I did NOT like this because I want to use my fictionwise account. Please get these integrated).
- Enter your email address associated with the Stanza.fictionwise account and password. Click the auto-fill login so you don't have to enter this information again.
- Got to Checkout or Continue shopping.
- You can either enter your credit card information here (no option to pay with paypal so booooo!!!) or at the website. I choose to both sign up and add my cc via the website using a full sized keyboard. If you add the card and set it as primary, you do not need to re enter the information but you must add the three digit security code from the back of your card. Press Continue.
- Another page loads and some graphic button (I think "authorize") is supposed to show up but did not. After clicking the Authorize area, My purchase was complete but the book did not download. Instead, I backed out of the purchase area all the way to the beginning to re-read the instructions on how to use this thing.
- Now you have to go the "My Bookshelf" link at the bottom. (Wow, could Fictionwise and Stanza make this harder and less intuitive? I think not).
- New page opens up to download book. I get a download popup request. I press "Download." I am now at the 13 minute mark.
- I now have to enter my unlock information (Name and CC). The book downloads and I am now ready to read it.