Sourcebooks Buys New Kinsale Title

Sourcebooks has bought the rights to redistribute a brand spanking new Laura Kinsale book. This book is set for a February 2010 publication date and it’s title is currently under discussion. The following backlist titles are also being republished by SourceBooks.

• Midsummer Moon
  • Prince of Midnight
  • Seize the Fire
  • Uncertain Magic (forthcoming May 2010)

1. MaryK
    Apr 27, 2009 @ 11:29:40

I saw your tweet about the new Kinsale, and the first thing I did was look for a pre-order option. :)

2. Michelle
    Apr 27, 2009 @ 13:06:09

What’s the novel about???

3. Ann Bruce
    Apr 27, 2009 @ 17:55:52

@Michelle: Does it matter? It’s Kinsale!

4. Janine
    Apr 27, 2009 @ 20:57:46

Kinsale described the book this way in an interview she did with AAR:

“After spending a long time on a very intense book, Shadowheart, I wanted to give myself a break from that and revisit some of the lighter styles I've used in the past – what I think of as hedgehog humor: a whimsical sort of story where any absurd thing can happen. So this book, tentatively titled The Lucky One, is a bit of Regency froth in honor of all the enjoyment I've gotten over the years from Georgette Heyer's wonderful novels.

Lady Callista is a painfully shy but wealthy wallflower who's been jilted three times. Her greatest desire is to win the silver cup at the agricultural fair with her gigantic prize bull, Hubert. But when Callie's only old flame returns from his long and mysterious absence, her quiet spinster life turns upside down. Hubert vanishes, one of her former jilts comes back to woo her, she must disguise herself as a sophisticated Belgian lady, and as they say, chaos ensues. “

5. Caffey
    Apr 27, 2009 @ 22:36:44

I’ve never read her before! I do have some of hers and not sure where to start!

6. Sela Carsen
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 18:36:11

You start with Flowers From the Storm. If I could only keep three romance novels, FFTS would be one of them. Jane Eyre would be another. And I’m keeping the third option open. ;)

7. J.C. Wilder
    Apr 29, 2009 @ 15:59:34

And if you like historicals with plus-sized heroines – pick up Seize the Fire from Kinsale. It’s delish!

8. Kate Willoughby
    Apr 29, 2009 @ 16:56:00

Ditto Flowers from the Storm. I just got a chill thinking about Jerveaulx. (I’m sure I mangled that spelling.)

9. melusine