RWA Announces 2008 Award Recipients

The Board approved the following 2008 Award Recipients:

• RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award – Vicki Lewis Thompson (this used to be the Lifetime Achievement Award but was renamed to the Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award)
  • RWA Emma Merritt Service Award – Linda Winstead Jones
  • RWA Service Award – Jill Limber, Nicole Burnham
  • RWA Vivian Stephens Industry Award – Sue Grimshaw, Romance Buyer, Borders Group Inc.
  • RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year Award – Dianne Defonce, Borders, Fairfield, Connecticut
  • RWA Librarian of the Year – Susan Gibberman, Schaumburg Township District Library, Schaumburg, IL
  • RWA Veritas Award — no nominations submitted.
  • The RWA Grant recipient for 2008-2009 is Sarah S. G. Frantz, Assistant Professor of Literature, Fayetteville State University (Woot! Dr. Sarah. We can’t wait to read your papers that come out of this grant).

1. Jayne
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 07:38:03

Congratulations to all the winners.

2. Sarah Frantz
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 08:51:50

Hey, thanks! Me, neither! ;) I’ll post at Teach Me Tonight whenever they do get published, I promise.

And congratulations to all the other winners, too!

3. Shiloh Walker
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 09:47:19

The RWA Grant recipient for 2008-2009 is Sarah S. G. Frantz, Assistant Professor of Literature, Fayetteville State University (Woot! Dr. Sarah. We can't wait to read your papers that come out of this grant).

I thought that name looked really, really familiar.

Congrats, Sarah.

4. Sarah Frantz
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 11:06:04

Thanks, Shiloh! Yes, I get around! ;)

5. Karen Scott
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 11:32:08

I’ve been reading VLT for years, and I love her book! Congrats to her!

Congrats to Sarah too!

6. Janine
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 12:10:32

Congratulations to Sarah and all the other winners!

7. Ann Bruce
    Mar 07, 2008 @ 14:12:17

Adding my congratulations to Sarah and the other winners.

8. Sherry Thomas
    Mar 08, 2008 @ 11:33:11

I was so impressed with Sue Grimshaw when I heard her at a bookseller’s panel in Dallas. Sunny got up to ask a question about how a bookchain judges how many copies they’d order of an author’s next book and Sue Grimshaw immediately named the number of copies Sunny’s last release had sold corporate-wide and gave an estimate of what they’d do based on that.
    Can’t imagine how much info she keeps in her head and she is ever so gracious.

And now I covet that Lifetime Achievement Award even more with Nora Roberts’ name on it.