Ripped from the Romance Shelves?

First there was October Road, the ABC drama based around a secret baby story and now there is Moonlight (formerly known as Twilight) from CBS. Moonlight follows a PI vampire who has never loved anyone since his turning 60 years ago until a mortal girl captures his heart. Sound like a romance? That’s what I thought. Somehow I don’t think this is going to help stave off the glut of vampire romances.

The series is written by Trevor Munson and Ron Koslow from Warner Bros. and produced by Joel Silver. Via SneakPeak.ca

1. Silvertongue
    May 16, 2007 @ 14:37:46

I think this is based on the series of YA books by Stephenie Meyer – they’re actually not bad, can run a *little* cheesy here and there but the two that are out so far were pretty enjoyable reads. I hope CBS doesn’t ruin it!

May 16, 2007 @ 14:42:15

I think its quite a stretch to say that these are based on Meyer’s books given that Meyer’s hero is 17 and not a PI. There would be some “deal” news if they were because Warner would have had to pay Meyers for the rights to base a TV show on her books. I know the option was purchased but I don’t think that there was any filming done, according to her agent with whom I spoke a few months ago.

3. Shannon
    May 16, 2007 @ 15:53:41

Being an unabashed lover of secret babies (and author of two), I was all over October Road. For two episodes. Wow, was that a cheesy show. Everybody in the bar confessing to a peanut allergy was my undoing and I gave up on it before the network did.

Hopefully the vamp PI will fare better (though I wouldn’t get too attached to it.)

4. Janine
    May 17, 2007 @ 10:46:24

I agree October Road was the cheesiest thing but I heard it was renewed for next season.

5. Shannon Stacey
    May 17, 2007 @ 15:02:14

Yet Jericho was cancelled?

I think the major networks and the makers of blood pressure meds are in cahoots.

6. Robin
    May 17, 2007 @ 23:25:53

I just couldn’t get over the actress from That 70s Show as a brassy blonde. At the very least they could have given her a better dye job.