Random House employed Zogby International to do a survey of over 8000 readers. Only 15% of the readership seems interested in ebooks which is good for the brick and mortar retailers. Other interesting tidbits:
- Most readers buy by the cover (no surprise).
- Nearly half of readers shop at independents.
- 66% percent of online purchasers buy from Amazon versus 10% from Barnes and Noble.
- 62% browse online for books with 31% depending on online reviews.
- 60% rely on suggestions of family and friends and 49% on book reviews.
The entire survey and results can be read here.