Cormac McCarrthy, The Road, won best general fiction title of the year and Nora Roberts walked away with the best romance. The lack of surprise in the Quill Award winners is rendering me sleepy.
- Best debut: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
- Best audio: To Kill a Mockingbird
- Graphic Novel: Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels by Scott McCloud
- Best Humor: I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris.
- Best Mystery/Suspense/Thriller: What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
- Best Poetry: For the Confederate Dead by Kevin Young;
- Best Romance: Angels Fall by Nora Roberts;
- Best Science Fiction/ Fantasy/ Horror: The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One) by Patrick Rothfuss;
- Best Young Adult/ Teen: Sold by Patricia McCormick.