Authors’ Guild wants its authors to withhold ebook rights until AG is done looking into the matter, but Publishers Weekly has an article about why ebooks are here to say and how different publishers are experimenting with concepts to harness technology to boost sales.
- 80% of teens have a cellphone
- Publishers are using ebooks to seed viral campaigns that promote paper book sales
- Brand authors like Meyer’s Twilight series is getting its own iphone app that has audio and ebook samples
- Sourcebooks has released an enhanced digital picture book with Laura Duksta’s I Love You More. This is not the first of its kind as PW has forgot about Kidthing which features animated digital picture books with audio. My tot listened to Horton Hears a Who every day for a month and with a few prompts was able to recite the book in its entirety.
- Still challenges with cost, availability but book should equal content, not housing of the content.