New Line Cinema – The Hobbit – John McCain

I know this is not romance news but it is still important. My all time favorite book series has been Tolkiens The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy. In 2009 the film production of the Hobbit starts but it could be blocked because the producer of the Lord of the Rings films has supposedly reneged on paying the Tolkien estate 7 1/2% of the films proceeds.

Some what related, does anyone else feel that John McCain resembles a hobbit?

Via Times Online

Ned Litte

is Jane's long suffering husband who enjoys high fantasy novels and the occasional romance that Jane disguises as a fantasy book. He is also the photographer and artist of the multimedia reviews here at Dear Author.

1. Angela James
    Feb 12, 2008 @ 22:38:36

Some what related, does anyone else feel that John McCain resembles a hobbit

You posted this just so you could get this line in there, didn’t you? Ha!

2. Ned
    Feb 12, 2008 @ 22:56:39

Does that mean you believe he looks like a hobbit also?

3. stephanie feagan
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 02:44:50

Hobbit or Garden Gnome?
    Give him a red, pointy hat and a little blue suit and he’s ready for the garden. Or a Travelocity commercial.

Wonder why the producer reneged?

4. Keishon
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 11:41:01

He looks like, er, something but not a Hobbit. A smurf?

God save me from greedy people as those films grossed millions of dollars! Sheesh.

5. Ned
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 13:35:11

From Times Online:

According to the complaint from The Tolkien Trust, the trustees and a predecessor to HarperCollins signed a contract with United Artists in 1969 for the film rights to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

The trustees and the publisher claim they are entitled to a 7.5 per cent share of the gross receipts. New Line inherited the rights to make the films in 1998.

6. Lisa
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 16:33:30

What does Ned look like? Could he be a gnome too? :)

7. Janine
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 17:02:42

Not likely. I’ve never seen Ned, but I have seen pictures of his tot, and a gnome could not have fathered such a gorgeous child.

8. Angela James
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 17:22:22

I’ve seen pictures of Ned and he’s most definitely not a gnome.

9. Rhianna
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 18:35:26

If I wrote that book or series, (dedicated fan since thirteen) I’d expect to get paid for the worth of the story. We adore the books, and the movie will be using the story, words and built in audience from the book to make the megamillions they know they’ll get with this movie. When I die, my family should expect to get what was agreed upon.

As for John, he’s looks like a Proudfoot.

Rhianna

10. Ned
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 18:56:01

I probably look more like an Ent.

11. veinglory
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 20:16:19

Meh, from what I heard Jackson isn’t directing the Hobbit. I doubt anyone else could do Smaug justice.

12. Ned
    Feb 13, 2008 @ 20:40:39

From the article it does state that Jackson will produce the movie. He had just recently come to an agreement with New Line Cinema concerning his law suit regarding his pay from the earlier trilogy.

13. Shirlene Martineze
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 09:51:09

John McCain is also a very good politician. he did not win because the people are not satisfied on the Republicans.’.,