Oct 8 2007
There are plenty of contests and giveaways on the web but Orbit’s “Near Future Dystopia Survival Kit” is a hoot and full of completely non essential but seemingly cool tech items. According to the Orbit newsletter, the Electric Church by Jeff Somers is
A ‘kickass thriller” (1), “fun, cyberpunky noir SF” (2) and “an exhilarating example of powerful and entertaining storytelling.”(3)
To celebrate, they are giving away a Near-Future Dystopia Survival Kit from thinkgeek.com, packed with items that might just help you elude Dennis Squalor’s electric monks. The kit includes:
- an RFID Blocking Wallet to keep your info hidden from scanning monks
- a Lazer Tripwire set to help secure your computer from SFF snoops
- a Wall Safe that looks like a power outlet to keep sensitive info away from prying eyes
- a Super Ear that can amplify sound up to 50 decibels to monitor chatter outside your safehouse
- And a Ninja remote –" which gives you control over most tvs, and might even shut down an Electric Church monk in a pinch.
To enter, just send an email to email@example.com with the words "Electric Church Sweepstakes" in the subject line. ()Official Rules)
Did I send in my email? You betcha. I can think of several uses for the Lazer Tripwire and the Ninja remote (not really but they sound pretty cool and I think the tot would love them).