I haven’t done a good job of posting these figures recently, but net book sales for the year are up 6.2% in 2008 and 4.8% in February alone. Given that we are either in a recession or on the cusp, I would think any amount of increase is positive. Adult paperback is seeing the largest increase at 30.8% v. adult mass market increasing only 0.4% and adult hardcovers falling 26.4%. Other figures included:
- Adult paperback climbed 30.8% to $128.8 million.
- Children’s/YA hardcover rose 8.1% to $40.7 million.
- Children’s/YA paperback rose 7.2% to $37.2 million.
- E-books were up 6.7% to $2.6 million.
- Adult mass market rose 0.4% to $59.5 million.
- Adult hardcovers fell 26.4% to $83.5 million.