Monday News: Penis news and author revisions

The best rebuttal was from Dr. Ruth who tweeted:

[tweet https://twitter.com/AskDrRuth/status/249195191578279936 align='center']

1. Deb
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 05:41:42

Oh my, I think I love Dr. Ruth. And, um, gotta say, I’ve never found snakes particularly erotic, but I’m pretty square.

2. joanne
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 07:13:57

Dr. Westheimer is a national treasure.

Certainly not for my fiction reading list but it seems that even snakes need love?

3. Isabel C.
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 07:54:54

Yipe. I’m used to the metaphor–Sir Mix-A-Lot was a feature at my high school dances, after all–but…ye gods. Um.

I also, thanks to a “friend” and a “whole lot of vodka”, saw the movie Hell Comes to Frogtown , which featured “the dance of Three Snakes”. About what you think. Well, about what you think plus really bad post-apocalyptic lingerie. (Also added “the government property” to my store of euphemisms–dude was the last man on earth, his junk was a national resource, blah blah exploding codpiece blah blah–though I probably won’t use that in a novel.)

4. DS
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 08:36:36

Well the article didn’t say how long the average man-aconda was or if it started shrinking once it encountered feminism.

5. Carrie G
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 09:19:41

Well said, Dr. Ruth! ;-)

6. Jayne
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 09:46:35

@Isabel C.: Of course I just had to go check out this movie at IMDB. Ye Gods! Could you imagine telling people that you played the role of “The Poor Dufus” in this masterpiece? “No, really my character was called ‘The Poor Dufus.’ ”

Now I don’t feel so ashamed for having watched “Motel Hell” in my misspent youth. ;)

7. Azure
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 10:14:02

You gotta love Dr. Ruth. :D

8. maria
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 10:45:13

Yep, I had to google the dance of the three snakes and there was video on you tube and um thanks for that.

9. Cara
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 13:17:21

Oh, good lord w/the Limpbaugh. Why is he even on the air anymore? He’s such a dumbass no matter whose side you’re on, and he’s not even a good radio voice. I listened to that clip, and his dead air and fumbling words were pathetic and an embarrassment to the radio industry, never mind his agenda.

10. K. Z. Snow
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 13:49:16

I still can’t figure out how or why Elton John managed to cobble together a friendship with somebody so unabashedly ignorant and odious. And he still seems to be making excuses for it.

11. Jia
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 19:54:35

@maria: I just watched the clip on YouTube myself and… I don’t even know what to say. The 80s were weird.

12. SAO
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 23:13:57

Well, assuming the data from the last fifty years are good and representative of a large sample size, the other issue is that different racial groups have slightly different average sizes. An increase in Asians and a decrease in African-Americans would shrink average size.

But, really, I suspect all Rush did was to look down as his own pathetic member and extrapolate from there. So, there you have it, he’s hung like a naked mole rat.

13. Liz C.
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 23:47:43

I clicked on the man-aconda link, and I was so irate that they kept referring to an amphibian as a snake that I didn’t even have a reaction to the photo.

Also, the second headline “BOFFINS in Brazil have discovered a new type of snake — which resembles a male MANHOOD,” had me confused. (Not about ‘manhood’, of course. As a romance reader, I know ALL of the euphemisms). I am familiar with “boffin’ ” as a verb, but not a noun. Per wikipedia: “A boffin is a stock character in United Kingdom culture: a scientist, engineer, or other person engaged in technical or scientific research.” You learn something new everyday.

14. Beth F
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 07:30:14

Thanks for the shout-out! I though it was fascinating too — especially because the original novel was so well received.