Monday News: Pearson buys 5% stake in Nook Media; NYTimes celebrates...

Pearson is also granted an option to purchase an additional 5%. Pearson’s investment is deemed to be one to expand its educational reach.

Pearson’s strategic investment in NOOK Media will accelerate customer access to digital content by pairing its leading expertise in online learning with NOOK Media’s expertise in online distribution and customer service. This will facilitate improved discovery of available digital content and services, as well as seamless access.

peacock spider

Why all the stuff about spiders? It’s been a slow news cycle in publishing since Christmas.

1. Eve Langlais
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 05:04:25

OMG, the spider eating the bird is just wrong and yet I couldn’t stop myself from checking it out and shuddering.

2. Mari
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 08:36:06

The only thing I care about the Nook media thingy is if I’m gonna now be allowed to read Kindle books on it. If not, I fail to see how this benefits me. And its ALL about me. :)

3. TaraL
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 08:42:13

Looks like someone is into “I Fucking Love Science.” She went on a spider binge a few weeks ago and hit on all these spider stories and had several different pics of the peacock spider.

4. MarieC
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 09:43:32

Geez, do I feel like a wuss, since I was worried about black widows in the backyard….

5. click here
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 18:42:08

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your
    site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I were a little bit familiar
    of this your broadcast offered vibrant transparent concept

6. oferty matrymonialne
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 17:10:54

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about randki.

Regards