First up in the price fixing case is a letter sent to the Judge reporting the status of the settling parties. I’m in a hurry today so I’m just presenting the PDF and a screenshot. I’ll transcribe it later. The gist of the letter is that the settling parties are working to get 100% participation from the states and are currently working with AGs from 47 states, the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories.
Last week, the parties submitted statements in the price fixing case which identified the disputes in the case and their preferred trial dates. Apple wanted an earlier trial date and the DOJ wanted a later one. Judge Cote set the trial date for July 23, 2012. Interestingly, it is a bench trial and not a jury trial. A bench trial is one where the Judge (Judge Cote in this case) determines both the facts and the law in a case. In a jury trial, the jury decides the facts.
Today is the last day to file a comment in the DOJ case.
- THE BLACK ECHO by Michael Connelly * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- THE FRENCH LIEUTENANT’S WOMAN by John Fowles * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- FOREVER by Pete Hamill * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- ALONG CAME A SPIDER by James Patterson * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- THE LOVELY BONES by Alice Sebold * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- THE PILOT’S WIFE by Anita Shreve * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- THE WINDS OF WAR by Herman Wouk * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- THE TIPPING POINT by Malcolm Gladwell * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- MYTHOLOGY by Edith Hamilton * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- BLUE HIGHWAYS by William Least Heat-Moon * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- AMERICAN CAESAR by William Manchester * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- LONG WALK TO FREEDOM by Nelson Mandela * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- NAKED by David Sedaris * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S
- WAR by Sebastian Junger * $2.99 * A | BN | K | S