March Book Club Nominations Are Open

Enter your nominations in the comments section. It must be a book released in February or March of 2007 but can be anything from non fiction to fiction to romance to fantasy. We love new authors and we love midlist authors. After two weeks, we’ll take a look at the nominations and pick six books. The six books will then be voted upon by the readers to determine the book club selection. Nominate away.

1. Janine
    Feb 01, 2007 @ 12:48:48

I nominate Beau Crusoe by Carla Kelly.

2. Keishon
    Feb 01, 2007 @ 12:53:44

Of course, Ariana Franklin’s new one, Mistress of the Art of Death, but it’s in hardcover. Do you all prefer books nominated that are only paperback? I know of nothing else that comes out in Feb or March that I’d like to read and discuss. I’ll think on it, take a look at what’s coming out. BRB.

3. jmc
    Feb 01, 2007 @ 13:52:50

I’ll second the Beau Crusoe nomination.

If you go to Harlequin’s website, there’s a slightly longer excerpt than the one posted at Amazon. The book is 20% off there, too.

4. seton
    Feb 01, 2007 @ 16:54:31

I nominate The Art of Seduction by Katherine O’Neal, published Feb 7th

5. Phyl
    Feb 01, 2007 @ 23:29:05

I third the Beau Crusoe nomination.

Has the February book been announced?

6. Janine
    Feb 02, 2007 @ 11:08:36

Has the February book been announced?

There is no February book. To start out, we are only having the book club every other month, so we are skipping over February and going right to March.

7. Julia
    Feb 02, 2007 @ 20:21:28

I nominate ‘Moon Shadow’ by Lucinda Betts. RT gave it a 4 star review and FAR gave it a recommended read. I think Road to Romance gave it reviewers choice award, too.

8. Keishon
    Feb 03, 2007 @ 08:38:47

I nominate the Carla Kelly book, too.

9. bam
    Feb 03, 2007 @ 12:00:48

I nominate Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead.

10. Janine
    Feb 03, 2007 @ 15:39:28

bam, I tried to order Succubus Blues from Barnes and Noble’s website yesterday (after reading Mrs. Giggles’ raves for Mead’s anthology story), and they told me it wasn’t shipping until March 28th. That may be too late for a March book club discussion, if indeed that is the book’s release date. I know Amazon has February 27th listed as the date the book comes out, but if Barnes and Noble’s date is correct, most people won’t be able to get a copy of the book until April.

Can someone confirm the release date for Succubus Blues?

11. Barb
    Feb 05, 2007 @ 08:24:35

I second “Moon Shadow.” The B&N site gives it a release date at the end of March.

12. Lisa
    Feb 05, 2007 @ 08:26:06

I’d love to discuss Moon Shadow, and also Linnea Sinclairs Games of Command.

13. Jane A.
    Feb 06, 2007 @ 18:51:54

Ooh, Linnea Sinclair’s book would be great!

14. Richelle Mead
    Feb 06, 2007 @ 20:19:28

Hey, Janine! The official release day is March 6. I’m not sure what Amazon was thinking by giving you that date, but presumably they’ll have it figured out by then. And in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if it sneaks out in late February. Thanks for thinking of me–you too, Bam!

15. Janine
    Feb 06, 2007 @ 20:40:09

Thanks, Richelle!

16. Jackie
    Feb 06, 2007 @ 21:21:45

I second SUCCUBUS BLUES!

17. Janine
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 10:40:07

Just a reminder, we are halfway through the nomination period. Keep those nominations coming, please!

18. Dear Author.Com | Keep Those Nominations Coming
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 11:08:36

[…] your nominations here It can even be an […]

19. Angie
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 11:17:28

I nominate Steelflower by Lilith Saintcrow, which releases in March. Or Go Fetch by Shelly Laurenston, which also releases in March. Both from Samhain ;)

And I have this feeling Lover Revealed will be discussed plenty across the blogosphere, so I don’t really have much interest in seeing it discussed here. I’d love to see something different.

I’ve read Succubus Blues and Visions of Heat, so I could even participate in those discussions!

20. Alessia Brio
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 11:32:23

I’d like to nominate Fantasies I, a 4-author anthology from Phaze & the first in the series featuring its talented pool of authors. It is scheduled for early March release.

21. Tara Marie
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 13:00:35

Okay, I nominate Vision’s in Heat by Nalini Singh Lover Revealed… by JR Ward and Warlord by Elizabeth Vaughan. :D

I’ll have to read the second the in the “War…” series first thought.

Any one of them works for me, but then so does Beau Crusoe and Succubus Blues.

22. Linda
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 13:32:20

I third Moon Shadow.

23. Esmi
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 13:33:36

I’d LOVE to read more about Moon Shadow!

Feb 08, 2007 @ 13:45:04

Moon Shadow is too late. That could be nominated for the May book club selection but I consider the late march release dates more of an April release date. But it sounds like it must be interesting.

25. tisty
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 14:05:40

How about Midnight eyes by Sarah Brophy?

26. Josie
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 16:16:18

I nominate Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh

27. Lars
    Feb 08, 2007 @ 19:43:39

Lover Revealed by JR Ward

28. Jaci Burton
    Feb 09, 2007 @ 10:36:16

Would love to nominate either Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh or Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead.

29. Nina Bangs
    Feb 09, 2007 @ 14:39:52

March book nomination – REAL VAMPIRES HAVE CURVES by Gerry Bartlett

March release from Berkley Trade

Glory is everywoman with fangs.

30. Esmi
    Feb 09, 2007 @ 17:58:04

Jane, you said:

“Moon Shadow is too late. That could be nominated for the May book club selection but I consider the late march release dates more of an April release date. ”

Are you sure about that? Amazon has the release listed as Feb 26, 2007. I’d really love to read it. B&N just says “March 2007″ and the Kensington website says “Feb 27, 2007.”

I hate to miss it in May because it came out in Feb!

31. Dear Author.Com | Last Chance for March Book Club Nominations
    Feb 14, 2007 @ 15:35:00

[…] We’re nearing the end of the nomination period for our March book club. Now’s your last chance to nominate a book. Any book released this month or in early March qualifies, so don’t hold back. Keep those nominations coming! And post them here. […]