Lynn Spears’ Parenting Book on Hold

lynn_spears.jpgLynne Spears' had contracted to write a book to be published through Thomas Nelson, an inspirational publisher. The book was to be about parenting and when I originally heard the announcement, I laughed myself off my chair. Today, Lynn Spears’ fans will have some bad news. Given that her 16 year old daughter has announced her pregnancy, the impending parenting guidebook is being put on hold “indefinitely.”

What could she possibly say about parenting at this point that would not draw laughing and pointing? I could understand a celebrity biop about how she and her husband leveraged their daughters to stardom, but on raising your kids to what? Dress as provocatively in public as possible? Become a laughingstock before the age of 30? Treating your children like accessories? Do parents really need help on raising their kids to be Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears?

Via People.

1. Mrs Giggles
    Dec 19, 2007 @ 11:09:56

I feel sorry for Jamie Lynn though. Her pregnancy means that her career at Nickolodeon is over as I’m sure the Disney/Parents With Kids crowd will not approve of her in a role on one of those kiddie network shows. And since she’s only 16 and I don’t have high hopes for her having a long and happy relationship with the father, I can only hope she doesn’t end up *that* screwed up.

2. Gina
    Dec 19, 2007 @ 11:50:07

I know we all have a little ‘dysfunctional’ in all our families, but when I read something like this it makes me look at the family I come from and the family I’ve created and say “Thank God”

3. Libby
    Dec 19, 2007 @ 11:52:16

Wow. I’m just appalled. I’m totally with Mrs. G in that I feel bad that her career is pretty much over because I have seen Zoey 101 and I think it’s cute, but I hope she stays OUT of the Nickelodeon set for good. I don’t want my kids or other kids glamourizing a 16 year old who got pregnant, which you know is bound to happen. I think it’s so sad that a young, talented girl like Jamie-Lynn did this to herself.

I always thought Lynn Spears was by far one of the WORST people to write a parenting book (but only outdone by Lindsey Lohan’s mother), especially when you consider what’s happened to Britney. I happen to like Britney’s music and I used to like her as a person, but I hope to God that woman gets some serious help. Does anyone remember the days when she was the big advocate for virginity?

When I first read the article, I felt sad for her and my heart went out to her, her family, and the baby. And then I read that OK Magazine supposedly paid her $250,000 for the exclusive, and that she was living with her boyfriend at the time. Yeah. To me, cashing in on something like this is beyond words, and the fact that a 16 year old was living with her boyfriend is hideously inappropriate. My sympathy kind of went out the door after that.

4. sherry thomas
    Dec 19, 2007 @ 14:07:41

I was rather amazed that the boyfriend was a live-in boyfriend. Did the parents not know? Did they think it was okay for a sixteen-year-old girl to have a live-in boyfriend?

5. sula
    Dec 19, 2007 @ 14:55:57

Considering that I’m actually a part (in a rather distant way) of the extended family, I can only shake my head and feel sorry. My mom and Lynn are cousins, and I remember when Britney first burst on the scene how proud that side of my family was. Everyone was so excited to brag about our famous connection. Now it’s like a big guilty secret. At least the dysfunction seems to be limited to that particular branch of the family tree. By comparison, I feel breath-takingly normal and wholesome no matter what my issues may be.

6. Keishon
    Dec 19, 2007 @ 23:48:25

I laughed my ass off too because her book would have no merit with parents. Heck, with the public, period. I say, good move on the part of the publisher. Will she keep her advance? Guess so.

7. Emma Petersen
    Dec 20, 2007 @ 09:13:46

I don’t think they should cancel the book. She could totally still do it.

It could be called What Not to Do When Raising Children by Lynn I Pimped My Kids and Didnt Allow Them to Be Children Spears

Someone told me she was pregnant months ago. And I didn’t believe it.

I used to think my parents were ridiculously strict. At 16 I wasn’t allowed to date.

Thank you mom & dad.

8. hona
    Feb 26, 2008 @ 07:49:33

What could she possibly say about parenting? Britney is going crazy and the other one is pregnant at sixteen! This doesn’t make any sense to me.

And I am tired of hearing about the Spears clan. I believe the book should not be published.