Kiss Me, I’m Irish – Books to Inspire You to Kiss...

Chicago River Dyed GreenSt. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow and in the spirit of this revered holiday, we offer up a selection of books that will inspire you to get your Irish on. Or get on an Irish. Or both.

• Innocent in Death by JD Robb. No collection of books about romantic Irishmen could be complete without the inclusion of Roarke from the J. D. Robb In Death series. He may have done more to raise the sexy quotient of Irishmen than anything else since Pierce Brosnan appeared onscreen.
  • Still Life with Murder by P.B.Ryan. Nell Sweeney is an Irish immigrant who serves as a governness for the wealthy Hewitt family in 1860s Boston. She uses her sharp mind and her past training as a doctor’s assistant to help solve the dark mysteries others would rather be left unknown.
  • The Mistress by Susan Wiggs. Set against the background of the Chicago Fire of 1871, Kathleen O’Leary is a maid posing as a rich woman for a night and catches the eye of a very eligible bachelor, Dylan Francis Kennedy. Only Kennedy isn’t an eligible bachelor, but a man running a big con to bag an heiress.
  • Lions and Lace by Meagan McKinney. This is an older book, published in 1992 and while it is full of melodrama and misunderstandings, it remains one of my favorite American historical romances. Irish millionaire, Trevor Sheridan vows retaliation against the Four Hundred when Mrs. William Astor refuses to attend the coming out ball of Trevor’s sister, Mara. She is crushed and he proceeds to financially ruin as many of the upper crust as possible. Alana Van Alen’s family is one of those victims and because of her pedigree is offered the chance to marry Trevor and bring social gilding to the Sheridan lily or be impoverished. Alana chooses marriage, but reluctantly.

1. Sybil
    Mar 16, 2007 @ 15:49:32

The Irish Devil by Diana Whiteside :D

2. Bev(BB)
    Mar 16, 2007 @ 19:45:24

The Irish Devil by Donna Fletcher

Hey, dueling devils. :D

3. Sybil
    Mar 16, 2007 @ 22:30:13

skillz great you have bev…

Irish Princess (1999) by Amy J. Fetzer

Irish Enchantress (2001) by Amy J. Fetzer

Irish Knight (2002) by Amy J. Fetzer

4. Bev(BB)
    Mar 17, 2007 @ 00:48:15

Oh, yeah, I forgot about them and I have somehow managed to lose my copy of Irish Knight. It’s around here somewhere. I know because I’ve read it and liked it.

Okay, this is fun. ;) Let’s see what else I can find.

Irish Hope by Donna Fletcher (spin-off from Irish Devil, duh)
    Irish Rogue by Emma Jensen (very good secret identity romance)
    Irish Magic anthology (I think there’s a whole series of these but I don’t know how many there are, I have the #2)

5. Sybil
    Mar 17, 2007 @ 05:44:05

Did we set rules? Do they need to have Irish in the title or just be you know about things Irish?

LOL

lets seee…

The Irish Bride by Alexis Harrington

6. Bev(BB)
    Mar 17, 2007 @ 10:41:42

Nah, Just when I looked in Readerware this morning early the only ones I could identify quickly were, er, the obvious ones. :D

There are a couple that come up on a keyword search that I’m honestly not sure about because I can’t for the life of me remember if they were set in Ireland or not. Weird.

7. Laura Florand
    Mar 20, 2007 @ 05:52:08

Nora Roberts’ Born in series (Born in Fire, Ice, Shame). Three Irish sisters.

8. Kate R
    Mar 20, 2007 @ 07:19:30

RA MacAvoy’s The Grey Horse. I loved that book. One of my all time favorite books, ever.